By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Activision: Call of Duty Elite Service detailed

TheNoobHolocaust said:

Do it, I dare you, COD will die faster than Guitar Hero did.

lol you really believe that? personally i think CoD is the downfall of the fps genre but i definitely expect it'll be just as popular even with this premium stuff

Around the Network

I'd imagine they will make plenty of money to replace the percentage of lost sales that may occur.  I'd imagine Battlefield 3 is a winner as well, maybe picking up some of those sales.  Will be interesting to hear the details.  

As someone who has all the COD games but doesn't buy the map packs, playing only casually beyond the first month or two, I likely won't buy MW3 now.  

But I HAVE pre-ordered BF3.  :)

Can't we all just get along and play our games in peace?

I am glad Activision validated my recent boycott of them.  They are way past the bs EA used to be.   Keep releasing barely updated games full of bugs, errors, glitches, etc.  Turn the end users into the beta testers.  Keep ruining the gaming industry.

You know this is all an test. while yes its maps and yes its 15 dollars an pop, but activison will use this as an test to see how many people adopt it then Bam. online subscription fees for the next game. 

So gamers if you want to play online without paying the future you must stop this in its tracks because this will lead activison to paid online and then EA and others will follow the money trail and games will cost $60 USD monthly installments, raising the price to past 100s. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Also Hyper Realistic shooter! LOL. I guess no one at the wall street jounal has heard of the Arma series or Americans Army 3 which is made by the US ARMY. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Awesome. The more CoD players who transfer over to Battlefield 3, the happier everyone in the world is.

As long as i can still play MW3 on XBL then i could care less. 

hmm...

So can non "Elites" still buy a map pack? How often will they be releasing maps? If they charge 7 bucks per month and release a new map pack every 2 months. Youd be sorta saving money if they charge 15 buks for a map pack. I find the looking at stats thing to be silly considering is sounds like what bungie did for the halo series. Dont really see it being that big of a deal for it to be considered a chargable fee. eh well...they'll make even more millions of dollars with this...

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

If Microsoft can charge for online gaming, what is the wrong if Activision wants to do the same?

babuks said:

If Microsoft can charge for online gaming, what is the wrong if Activision wants to do the same?

Have to pay for your internet access, then pay to use XBL online, then pay again for every game you buy. Thats whats wrong.