By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cod bashing, justifiable reasons

Phoeniks.Wright said:
mchaza said:

i would like to point out that i was intending on mainly focusing on Single player. me myself enjoy the single player FPS, and unluckly this being my first gen owning my own console and buying the games i want i have been greatly dissapointed in the FPS genre when it comes to single player FPS. So much that after playing Killzone 3 sp and unable to finish i am now getting into RPG and also going back to play better games, currently playing Deus Ex, and that game is challenging, fun and requires tactics and skills i have not seen in an shooter and it came out 11 years ago. 

Yeah, when it comes to the single player in FPS's, what has annoyed me most, and it's probably due to CoD and it's huge sales, is the horrendous scripting of the game. The story has turned into one loong, narrow corridor, where you will end up doing the exact same thing everytime. Every person will have the same experience. And that sucks. It's what annoyed me the most when I played Bad company 2, since Bad company 1's story was rather open ended at times, which I really liked.

Do you mean the level design of Bad Company 1 or the story in Bad Company 1?  What I saw was open-ended would be maybe the hunting of gold down, and the level layout.  As far as I can tell, the story was linear.  I would say also the story was a decent change from the norm, reminding me of M*A*S*H a bit, unlike the sequel.

Around the Network

I think CoD is good at what they do.

But what games like Battlefield do is infinately more fun than what games like CoD does.

And Counter Strike does what CoD does but better.

I LOVE ICELAND!

The reason why I "hate on "COD is because Activision is the publisher and because the franchise is a yearly rehash thing!

trasharmdsister12 said:
CaptainObvious said:

I think people who bash COD are the same people who hate the game.

Living up to the name one post at a time.

richardhutnik said:
Phoeniks.Wright said:
mchaza said:

i would like to point out that i was intending on mainly focusing on Single player. me myself enjoy the single player FPS, and unluckly this being my first gen owning my own console and buying the games i want i have been greatly dissapointed in the FPS genre when it comes to single player FPS. So much that after playing Killzone 3 sp and unable to finish i am now getting into RPG and also going back to play better games, currently playing Deus Ex, and that game is challenging, fun and requires tactics and skills i have not seen in an shooter and it came out 11 years ago. 

Yeah, when it comes to the single player in FPS's, what has annoyed me most, and it's probably due to CoD and it's huge sales, is the horrendous scripting of the game. The story has turned into one loong, narrow corridor, where you will end up doing the exact same thing everytime. Every person will have the same experience. And that sucks. It's what annoyed me the most when I played Bad company 2, since Bad company 1's story was rather open ended at times, which I really liked.

Do you mean the level design of Bad Company 1 or the story in Bad Company 1?  What I saw was open-ended would be maybe the hunting of gold down, and the level layout.  As far as I can tell, the story was linear.  I would say also the story was a decent change from the norm, reminding me of M*A*S*H a bit, unlike the sequel.

Yeah, it was the level design. The fact that the story doesn't change isn't a problem, since it's a straight up "get the gold!" story, though that and the characters was it's charm, definitely. Going back to the levels, sure some parts were linear, but a great deal of the game was open ended, as in had multiple paths. The 2 most memorable ones for me are the secret passage that leads behind the castle and troops in the level where you have to rescue your friends, and when you have to get to the port through a huge field, just blitzed past in a light vehicle, it was so fun.

Around the Network
Phoeniks.Wright said:
richardhutnik said:
Phoeniks.Wright said:
mchaza said:

Yeah, it was the level design. The fact that the story doesn't change isn't a problem, since it's a straight up "get the gold!" story, though that and the characters was it's charm, definitely. Going back to the levels, sure some parts were linear, but a great deal of the game was open ended, as in had multiple paths. The 2 most memorable ones for me are the secret passage that leads behind the castle and troops in the level where you have to rescue your friends, and when you have to get to the port through a huge field, just blitzed past in a light vehicle, it was so fun.

[There is likely some spoiler material below]

I remember successfully completing a number of levels in the first by going around the edge of the map and sneaking by everything.  For me, the story in the first was better, and I was hoping the second would have them as mercenaries battling the other mecenaries.  But, NOPE, they ended up toning down the humor a lot, and had a storyline like MW2.  It was SO disappointing to me.  I didn't laugh as much in the second one's single player.  I feel Bad Company does a MUCh better job as a series when it tries to lampoon other FPS titles.  B-Company in no way, shape or form are supposed to be hardcore spec-ops guys.  I want to know what happened that got them back into the military, considering the ending of the first.

blkfish92 said:

Agreed, COD is getting worse and worse and mw3 is going to be a huge dissapointment, yet sell 10m

i could not agree more

I dont like CoD because its gameplay hasnt changed since CoD2.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

i didnt really like COD type games pre 08

i think there ok the SP does offer lots of gunplay type gameplay and is action packed through out i didnt relies this when i was haten on em and the new stuff that has been added like zombies, horde mode, and spec ops really adds to the SP for me

but its starting to feel dated and not the graphics or anything but the lack of animations go look at KZ cryisis and now BF3 trailer look at BF3 where the player jumps over the ledge you cans see his arms move accordingly, and when hes nearly blown up by the car bomb, also the to different prone animations the one in the duck is different to accommodate lack of room then the one on the roof 

COD feels like them old FPS PC games of the 90s just a arm holding a gun floating in mid air

other than the lack of player animations i dont really have much hate for em

Play Me

I find COD extreamly enjoyable but, what kills the COD experiance for me is all the kids swearing, talking about their 14 year old love life, the singing, camping, spawn killing, and yearly release of a new game. I will never go back cause Once you go counter strike source theres no going back.