By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I refuse to play another Zelda game!

I refuse to play another Zelda game!

I'm with you I want Zeld... 13 9.42%

I want Zelda III too & wi... 52 37.68%

I don't want Zelda III &... 50 36.23%

I don't like Zelda at all. 23 16.67%

Total:138

with those choices you just want people to agree with you... just saying!

Bet with Conegamer and Doobie_wop 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

You know what screw the diplomacy. Nintendo just plain doesn't give a shit about story telling. They obviously don't think it is necessary. That is why the story telling is both shallow and convoluted. That is also why any chronology is irrelevant. Either you are cool with this approach, or your not cool with this approach. That isn't saying it is right or wrong on their part. I do know one thing, and that is bitching about it has never had any impact on the practice at all. You would be doing better to yell into a paper sack, and mail it to Nintendo.

That leaves you with two options. Either your going to continue to put up with this, or you are going to make your dislikes known to Nintendo in the only sensible way. Stop buying their games, stop buying their systems, and stop talking about their products. Eventually if enough consumers do exactly this. Then Nintendo will have no choice, but to address the list of complaints.

Not buying Zelda games is the only way to get the Zelda game you want.

I dont get the hate for the Zelda storylines. They're pretty good, even if similar main plots. But look at all the other sequels out there, they all have similar storylines to their predecesors, whether its Final Fantasy, MGS, GTA, etc...

Its part of what builds the sequel, its an ongoing struggle between two forces, and occassionally a 3rd or 4th force, but mostly 2 main people- the protagonast and antagonist.

Back on point, I feel that there's enough variance in the Zelda game stories to make them unique, going from N64 onward, OOT had the time shift of 7 years and to alter the future... Majoras Mask had a different antagonist, Wind Waker changed the world map entirely (or did it? dun dun dun!!) and Twillight Princess had several different shifts in how the world was altered, including higher level co-protagonists and co-antagonists. If anything, TP could compare best to A Link to the Past, with the dark world/light world concept, which is about a 14 year gap between games.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Raze said:

I dont get the hate for the Zelda storylines. They're pretty good, even if similar main plots. But look at all the other sequels out there, they all have similar storylines to their predecesors, whether its Final Fantasy, MGS, GTA, etc...

Its part of what builds the sequel, its an ongoing struggle between two forces, and occassionally a 3rd or 4th force, but mostly 2 main people- the protagonast and antagonist.

Back on point, I feel that there's enough variance in the Zelda game stories to make them unique, going from N64 onward, OOT had the time shift of 7 years and to alter the future... Majoras Mask had a different antagonist, Wind Waker changed the world map entirely (or did it? dun dun dun!!) and Twillight Princess had several different shifts in how the world was altered, including higher level co-protagonists and co-antagonists. If anything, TP could compare best to A Link to the Past, with the dark world/light world concept, which is about a 14 year gap between games.

Definitely the storylines for the most part are pretty great, and I'm quite frankly tired of people saying how zelda has no real storyline, it's just save the princess, well those people are wrong by a long shot.

The zelda story has the same basis, but always has a different way of portraying the story, which makes each game rather unique.

wfz said:

The Triforce of the Gods.

I believe.

manuel said:

wfz is right.

It's called "Kamigami no Triforce" (= "Triforce of the Gods")

Thanks guys!