By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox Will 'Really Put The Screws' to PS4 in Next Console War - Analyst

i agree with Jesse Divnich, EEDAR . "consoles of the future will focus more on functionality and less on graphics." IMO its the most logical step forward for the big 3 as a whole.

surprisingly i agree with everything Michael Pachter said.

there are so few more things that can be added to consoles are far as playability, but with more functionality and accessibility consoles can finaly become the multi media devices they've been striving for since PS1.

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

Put me in the "only Pachter makes sense here" camp. While it's sad that a "no comment" is one of his best analyses ever, it really is the most accurate thing to say at this point.

i couldn't agree more

I'm actually agreeing with Pachter on this one, lol.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

i think MS reallly put the screws to sony this gen

as a pretty hardcore sony only gamer myself i could see a possibility of taking sony out for trash day next gen

things that a sony fan like myself have seen this gen that would get them to turn

no rumble start of gen

no trophies start of gen

had ps3 HW failure

seen many past and current sony only games go multi RE, WWE series, Tekken, FF, assassins creed, la noire ect.

most multis run/look better on MS console lets face it now most games that sell well are multis gta cod ect.

as for the article i think its highly possible for MS to have the powerful console next gen, IF they wait and release in 2014 as for sonys console i think theyll have a console thats either more powerful or around the same as MS, about 2gigs of total ram i just hope they put something out that is multi dev friendly 3 gens in a row the PS consoles have lower performing multi plats

i dont really care for the online parts of it much as long as they have free demos weekly or monthly and free online play im good dont care for cross game chat and all the other stuff

i laughed out loud

"So does this mean that PS4 might be somewhat underpowered? Will Microsoft or Nintendo have the edge?"

i doubt nintendo will out power sony i see them having about half to a gig of ram compared to MS or Sony having no less than 2 gigs

Play Me

If ps4 and nextbox aren't a leap ahead of wii2 then Nintendo is going to win again for sure. Wii2 will have the year headstart (or more) and will become the lead platform with ps4 and nextbox getting the ports.

We'll see how loyal the CoD userbase is when a better running version comes out on Wii2.

It might still win even if they're a leap ahead because of the price difference. Sony and MS probably don't want to sell at a great loss again.

Sony and MS's only hope is that Nintendo screws up their online again. They'll still sell plenty though because of their first party IP's and customer loyalty to their online game collection and friends.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

i think MS reallly put the screws to sony this gen

as a pretty hardcore sony only gamer myself i could see a possibility of taking sony out for trash day next gen

things that a sony fan like myself have seen this gen that would get them to turn

no rumble start of gen

no trophies start of gen

had ps3 HW failure

seen many past and current sony only games go multi RE, WWE series, Tekken, FF, assassins creed, la noire ect.

most multis run/look better on MS console lets face it now most games that sell well are multis gta cod ect.

as for the article i think its highly possible for MS to have the powerful console next gen, IF they wait and release in 2014 as for sonys console i think theyll have a console thats either more powerful or around the same as MS, about 2gigs of total ram i just hope they put something out that is multi dev friendly 3 gens in a row the PS consoles have lower performing multi plats

i dont really care for the online parts of it much as long as they have free demos weekly or monthly and free online play im good dont care for cross game chat and all the other stuff

i laughed out loud

"So does this mean that PS4 might be somewhat underpowered? Will Microsoft or Nintendo have the edge?"

i doubt nintendo will out power sony i see them having about half to a gig of ram compared to MS or Sony having no less than 2 gigs

I would stab at 1 GB minimum on Nintendo's side, and likely two. 512 would only put them dead level with the PS360, and it wouldn't be prudent to do that, since RAM seems to be the main technical bottleneck holding them back.

Though ultimately this is silly because whoever wins the next generation won't win because of how much they have under the hood, and that's a fact.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

PLease, Sony has always done a better job at such things. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I think Nintendo certainly has a timing advantage on their 8th gen console.

MS and Sony will have to wait it out; if they don't, they will either release a console that is too expensive or a console that is too similar to the PS3/360. Waiting will let MS and Sony skip to the "9th gen" and capitalize on higher end hardware at lower production costs since they get cheaper overtime.

On that note though, hardware is getting less and less important. Soon, even handhelds will be able to handle AAA multi-platform games with dev budgets anywhere from $0-$150mil (though they would probably not get that high).

The real differentiation between consoles will be control inputs and exclusive games.

psrock said:

PLease, Sony has always done a better job at such things. 

*Snicker*

Tagged so I can read this later.