By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you like your magic?

How do you like your magic?

Powerful but limited use 18 45.00%

Weaker but used often 3 7.50%

Powerful AND used often - balance be damned! 10 25.00%

Who needs magic when you've got a blade? 9 22.50%

Total:40

My Favorite Magic System that Currently exists
Pokemon. 

Some of My favorite Magic System's that I would mix.
Though I like FF8's Idea quite a bit Draw/Junction/Card System (Needs to be balanced a bit better) With FFXIII's combination of multiple status/element's you have to modify in order for magical or physical abilities to be effective. 

Around the Network

I guess one of my earliest encounters with magic was playing Shinobi in the arcades.  You'd use your Ninja Magic maybe once.  It was sort of like a get out of jail free card:  Everything on the screen was going to get F'd in the B.  It made the magic feel special.  For that reason, I voted for the first choice.

i'm also partial to the Final Fantasy style of magic where you can use weaker magic for the weaker foes but when the shit really hits the fan:  "Ka-me-ha-me-HAAAAA!!!"  You use the heavy duty magic for the heavy duty bad guys.  That's cool, too.

Only magic I use on rpg's is heal... :P

d21lewis said:

I guess one of my earliest encounters with magic was playing Shinobi in the arcades.  You'd use your Ninja Magic maybe once.  It was sort of like a get out of jail free card:  Everything on the screen was going to get F'd in the B.  It made the magic feel special.  For that reason, I voted for the first choice.

i'm also partial to the Final Fantasy style of magic where you can use weaker magic for the weaker foes but when the shit really hits the fan:  "Ka-me-ha-me-HAAAAA!!!"  You use the heavy duty magic for the heavy duty bad guys.  That's cool, too.