By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - IGN Infamous 2 Review

Bah, IGN are getting worse and worse with every new release, they barely go into depth on anything. Why did it get an 8.5 in graphics? Why did it get an 8 in sound? What's going on with the user generated stuff? How is the UI? Why aren't the melee moves satisfying? What causes the camera to go janky? Is it spontaneous or does it only occure during melee combat or fast movement? 

It's as if their writers are all amateurs, he spent the whole review telling me how much he liked the game, but forgot to go into specifics on what was wrong in the game. The review reads like a recommendation, but when the vast majority of your readers don't know you or care about you, then a few details would be nice.

I guess I'll have to wait for the Eurogamer and Giant Bomb review for more info.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Around the Network

Oh for god sake!!! Now that it got this score it feels the release is even further away :(

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

When is the embargo up for everyone else? Sony are pretty lenient on the time they give the press for reviews, so I'm hoping it's within a few days, but does anyone have a firm date?

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:

Bah, IGN are getting worse and worse with every new release, they barely go into depth on anything. Why did it get an 8.5 in graphics? Why did it get an 8 in sound? What's going on with the user generated stuff? How is the UI? Why aren't the melee moves satisfying? What causes the camera to go janky? Is it spontaneous or does it only occure during melee combat or fast movement? 

It's as if their writers are all amateurs, he spent the whole review telling me how much he liked the game, but forgot to go into specifics on what was wrong in the game. The review reads like a recommendation, but when the vast majority of your readers don't know you or care about you, then a few details would be nice.

I guess I'll have to wait for the Eurogamer and Giant Bomb review for more info.

thats what i was thinking, there was little to no explaination about the scores it recieved (im not complaining about the score, nor do i nessacarly think it should be higher, i just wish for reasonings)

kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:

no 8.5, im shocked.

i thought only glitch ridden and unpolished games could get a 90 from ign, i hope this doesnt mean inFamous is.

the new review system they have really shoehorns them into giving the same scores over and over again.

and it keeps games like this, who are much much better than their predessesor, from getting a higher score than the first installment.

didnt infamous get a 9.2?

thats the point, since they do a .5 scale they cant really give it a 9.5 even tho its better than the original.

Around the Network

I just find it funny that IGN gave inFAMOUS 1 & 2 8.5 for graphics when inFAMOUS 1 look like crap compare to inFAMOUS 2. I had a feeling the melee camera angles would be a problem. Overall 9.0 is an great score, so hype for this game.

radiantshadow92 said:
pariz said:

Already out!?

I didn't expect it this soon.

Not interested though.

wut

Didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I can see why some people might love the game. Me... I was just pretty disappointed with the first one. So repetitive and plain I couldn't force me enough to finish it.

Those ef-tards at IGN. You can't spell IGNOR... oh. What's that? They gave InFamous 2 a 9? What a great website!

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

kowenicki said:
osamanobama said:

no 8.5, im shocked.

i thought only glitch ridden and unpolished games could get a 90 from ign, i hope this doesnt mean inFamous is.

the new review system they have really shoehorns them into giving the same scores over and over again.

and it keeps games like this, who are much much better than their predessesor, from getting a higher score than the first installment.

didnt infamous get a 9.2?

like radiantshadow said, thats my point, it cant score higher than it (or it will be really really really hard to).

also that score was given pre- Quarter 4 2010. (since that date, almost every game gets 8.5 or lower, especially ps3 games).

and im not complaining about the score, in fact i think they over rated infamous 1, it probably deserved around 8.8

alright fine, canceling my pre-order now.