By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Ship v Sold Wii/PS3/360 - Dec 2013 and post adjustments.

kowenicki said:
siphillis said:
kowenicki said:
siphillis said:
sony expected to ship 15m for the fiscal year they said if i remember correctly they were a little bit ahead of the number(as in that time) in october or november and they said this year they have fallen a little bit behind, so i guess it should be somewhere in the range of 2.2 - 2.8 million

well so long as its between 2.4 and 2.8 thats fine for VGC numbers.

they lowered the forecast to 14m in the last quarter report

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88773/sony-ships-65m-ps3s-in-q4-11-to-lose-29b-in-fy-lowers-ps3-fcst/

so which means shipped should be about 64m, which means it should have shipped about 2m

if its only 2m then its overtracked.  they probably reduced it to 14m so they can say " 14.5 wow... we smashed our target" lol.

Last year fiscal year Sony target also was 15m but they shipped 14.3.

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
siphillis said:
kowenicki said:
siphillis said:
sony expected to ship 15m for the fiscal year they said if i remember correctly they were a little bit ahead of the number(as in that time) in october or november and they said this year they have fallen a little bit behind, so i guess it should be somewhere in the range of 2.2 - 2.8 million

well so long as its between 2.4 and 2.8 thats fine for VGC numbers.

they lowered the forecast to 14m in the last quarter report

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/88773/sony-ships-65m-ps3s-in-q4-11-to-lose-29b-in-fy-lowers-ps3-fcst/

so which means shipped should be about 64m, which means it should have shipped about 2m

if its only 2m then its overtracked.

probably yes. we will find out in 6 days

kowenicki said:
adjustments only go back to the dec qtr so updated that data....

not much evidence of any "channel stuffing" is there....

well it's about time after all this chest beating around here. Here is the funny part, ps3 still has not passed 360. However I expect a 360 cut and numbers to clim once again. This whole thing might be irrelevant because the xbox 720 will shortly be on it's way. As for unfair bans, I disagree, I was the one banned and kowenicki always keeped it in check.

Edit Let you in on a little secret, I have been here since 2008  hence the name.

This is a master thread. Good work!

Kowen, this might interest you -> http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=113854&page=1 

and my posts here -> 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4533130

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4533132

Around the Network

Just chiming in to say "Great work!" on the thread.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kowenicki said:
Euphoria14 said:
Just chiming in to say "Great work!" on the thread.

Thanks.

Check back Thursday night for the first update following MS numbers.

I'll be there.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

kowenicki said:
Updated with 360 numbers.

88 days supply, just keeps going up. Those retailers love looking at piles of those shiny white and green boxes.

Nope your numbers are wrong, it's 80 days worth of supply.

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:

68.3 - 67.165 = 1.135 million in supply.

1.13m / 90k p/week (and falling) = 12.5 weeks = 87.89 days

no?

Also I'm being generous, the weekly figure is falling, so an average of 80 to 95k may be the norm in the coming weeks and months. Which makes it even worse.

And should MS make that $99 subscription offer world-wide, or is giving away freebies like last summer, your weekly numbers suddenly jump up 10-30%. Fact is, your own table shows the supply is completely in line with past years' june numbers, so there is no need to start a discussion about over/undertracking.

kowenicki said:
cookingyourmama said:
kowenicki said:
Updated with 360 numbers.

88 days supply, just keeps going up. Those retailers love looking at piles of those shiny white and green boxes.

68.3 - 67.165 = 1.135 million in supply.

1.13m / 90k p/week (and falling) = 12.5 weeks = 87.89 days

no?

Also I'm being generous, the weekly figure is falling, so an average of 80 to 95k may be the norm in the coming weeks and months. Which makes it even worse.

During the last Quarter (March 31st till June 30th) according to Vgchartz the 360 sold 1,287,223. For that 13 week period that is an average of 99,000 per week.

As of the 30th of June Vgchartz xbox360 LTD is 67,165,080 and Microsoft's shipped number is 68.3m, which is a difference of 1,134,920.

1,134,920 xbox360's in the retail chain with average weekly sales of 99,000 = 80.25 days worth of supply.