By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Portable - A great success.

With almost 70 million handhelds sold, the PSP is a great success.

It's technically not a fact, but non-technically it is a fact:
the PSP is one of the most successful gaming devices of all time.

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Yes. Yes it is. Although certain people don't like to admit it, the PSP is a great success.

yes, yes it is.

PSP has sold more then the NES, OG Xbox, N64, and GameCube.

and currently the PS3 and Xbox 360.

It's a  great success and had even greater potential

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

The PSP has done amazing being Sony's first entry into the handheld market and is my favourite portable gaming device i've ever owned.

Around the Network

What is it, like the sixth or seventh best selling platform of all time?

ps2

ds

ps1

wii

GBA an GB are ahead of it as well I think

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

I agree. First handhelf to even challenge Nintendo's dominance in that market. Lets hope NGP continues building on the PSP's success.

I bought a DS ages ago, that thing has been on the shelf for years, tbh my PSP didnt get much action - then a game called Tactics Ogre changed all that. i use it to listen to music on the train and i use it to play some PS1 games that dont look good on my 32" tv.

really just a brilliant handheld. and its done well imo, i think with a more competitive price point it wouldve done even better.

It definitely succeeded in making money and carving Sony a handheld niche, but it's quite the failure as far as PlayStations go, isn't it?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

leatherhat said:

What is it, like the sixth or seventh best selling platform of all time?

ps2

ds

ps1

wii

GBA an GB are ahead of it as well I think

DS - 147.33m / PS2 - 142.94m / GB - 118.69m / PS1 - 102.49m / Wii - 86.40m / GBA - 81.49m & PSP 68.04m