By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Target - Buy a 160 gig PS3, get $160 worth of gift cards

Sweet deal right there.

Around the Network

Hey man, my buddy wants to do this deal right now. It's IN-STORE only, right? And are you sure it's EVERY Target, and not just a local promotion at a select few Targets?

pbroy said:
oldschoolfool said:

really,you haven't turned on your 60gig PS3,just because your afraid it would get the YLOD. Maybe you should just not turn on any electronic device,if that was the case. Target has to have good deals like this,because nobody goes there. lol

I would play it non-stop and like crazy if I knew that I could buy another one of the exact or better version of it, but there isn't one. I don't want it to break, because it holds more value than the other PS3s out there. What you are saying is like telling me to drive my old antique car that is hard to fix. I would rather buy a cheaper model and play the shit out of it. That's what I did with my 360. I knew that every newer model of 360s are  better and they add to the hardware with more features compared to the older shit model 360s. So why not play the shit out of it till it dies?  I can always buy a newer and better model; and that's exactly what I did. I left my 360 on for days straight, eventually burning up the DVD drive. Later on, Red Ringed my second 360. If Sony brought back the fully featured PS3s, full BC of PS2/PS1 games and all the memory card slots, I wouldn't be scared to turn my 60 gig back on. So instead of breaking my hard to replace 60 gig, I would rather wait till I could buy another PS3 that I wouldn't mind breaking.

I value rare items. I collect games and don't even open some of them. I Buy multiple copies of certain games so I can have a brand new one to sell later and one to play with.

The only reason why I bought a PS3 so soon in its life cycle was because they announced that they were doing away with the fully featured BC models. So i had to throw down $599 so I could have the best model before they ran out. I was going to wait till FFXIII came out to buy a PS3. Then I also was intrested in HOME when they announced it. I wanted my screen name before anyone else could take it. So, having the best PS3 model and having my screen name was worth $599 to me... hahaha.. $599 is a big investment. Why break a $599 machine, when I can break a $299 machine?

Yeah,but if stuff breaks it breaks,there's nothing you can do about,but if you collect games and all that,then what you say makes sense. That's just not me though,once I beat a game are get tired of it,I just trade it in for another game and so on.

pitzy272 said:

Hey man, my buddy wants to do this deal right now. It's IN-STORE only, right? And are you sure it's EVERY Target, and not just a local promotion at a select few Targets?

Yes, it's in store only. Try to see if you can get the coupon to print out first. Good luck,,,

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

@.@ That skirt must go....

Anyway, this is a SICK deal! I wish I had the cash for a PS3...

"with great power, comes great responsibility."

Around the Network

I didn't get the $100 print out when I bought a BD; either this thing is like a lotto ticket or it really is limited to certain regions/stores. 

Either way, I'm not going to keep buying BDs at Target with the idea in mind that one of those will pay off a $100 credit. 

With any luck the PS3 is dropping to $199 after E3 and I'll end up getting an extra PS3 on the cheap anyway. 

Well that sucks.  I should have waited about 3 months to buy my 160 GB PS3.  Could have gotten like 3-5 free games.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Doobie_wop said:

God I hate that skirt, it only hides her glorious ass.

Shes pretty .. 'nah'. But okay, i might just have a strange taste lol.

@topic: What an amazing Deal. O_o. That'd mean a PS3 for less than 200 Bucks.. omfg, why do i have to live in germany.. or.. why arent any targets over here xD? Would get a second PS3.

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

CGI-Quality said:
pitzy272 said:

Indeed. I tried this at three different stores with quite  bit of different Blu-rays and had zero success. It's either a select few Target stores, or a random deal.

Yeah, my friend ended up going yesterday to finally get a ps3. Not only did the $100 deal not work, but the $60 deal didn't work either! He asked 2 different employees in the game department, and neither had a clue what he was talking about. Needless to say, he didn't get a ps3:/

pitzy272 said:
CGI-Quality said:
pitzy272 said:

Indeed. I tried this at three different stores with quite  bit of different Blu-rays and had zero success. It's either a select few Target stores, or a random deal.

Yeah, my friend ended up going yesterday to finally get a ps3. Not only did the $100 deal not work, but the $60 deal didn't work either! He asked 2 different employees in the game department, and neither had a clue what he was talking about. Needless to say, he didn't get a ps3:/

Maybe Target has caught on and made it harder to get the $100 coupon.

What model PS3 did he try to buy? The $60 offer only works on the plain jane 160 gig model. Not the Call of Duty 160 gig model or such.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence