By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Target - Buy a 160 gig PS3, get $160 worth of gift cards

Wait so basically you can get $100 off a PS3 due to the first gift card you get for buying a blu-ray player (and you can return that blu-ray player) plus you get another $160 in gift cards for buying the PS3?

Around the Network

Target's ad shows a $60 giftcard when you buy a PS3.

I don't see anything about this other $100, unless that was for buying the movie that can be used towards any bluray player (including ps3).... however, i don't see that advertised anywhere.

If you can get this one to work, you'd be a little bit loco for not doing this, but it sounds like most are having trouble with that first part.

For a $160 credit, I'd buy another PS3 in a heartbeat though. 

All I've been waiting for is another revised model with what will hopefully be a $199 MSRP. If I can pick up a current model for under $200, I don't have any problem doing that either. 

As others have been saying, this along with other such similar retailer rebates and deals is virtually a guarantee that there will be a significant PS3 price drop announced at E3. 

really,you haven't turned on your 60gig PS3,just because your afraid it would get the YLOD. Maybe you should just not turn on any electronic device,if that was the case. Target has to have good deals like this,because nobody goes there. lol

Diablerie said:

Ahhh!  Please keep The Ninth Gate.  One of my favorite Johnny Depp movies (and not that you might care but my top three are, Dead Man, Arizona Dream and The Libertine)

Great deal for you!!!!  Have fun!

Never heard of the movie. Sounds like it's good. I was gong to keep it anyways.. $7.99 for a Blu-ray movie is an awesome deal. I've heard that Arizona Dream was really good too. Will have to look into those movies you mentioned.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
thranx said:

Sounds like a great deal. I have really been wanting a ps3 but have been waiting for a good price. What is normal cost opf a ps3?

$299 for the 160 gig

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

CGI-Quality said:

I tried this, didn't work. I tried it on two Blu-rays (The Terminator and Let Me In). Neither printed out a coupon.

I forgot to mention that you must dance a little jig when the person at the front register rings up the movie. If your little dance is awesome enough, the coupon printer at the register will print the $100 coupon rigt after the movie is scanned. The coupon should print out even before you pay. ~_n

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

yo_john117 said:

Wait so basically you can get $100 off a PS3 due to the first gift card you get for buying a blu-ray player (and you can return that blu-ray player) plus you get another $160 in gift cards for buying the PS3?

No... When you buy a Blu-ray movie, you will get a coupon good for getting a $100 gift card when you purchase a PS3. Then when you buy a 160 gig PS3, you will get a $60 gift card. So if you use the coupon together with the PS3 deal this week, you will get a total of $160 in gift cards along with the PS3

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

superchunk said:

Target's ad shows a $60 giftcard when you buy a PS3.

I don't see anything about this other $100, unless that was for buying the movie that can be used towards any bluray player (including ps3).... however, i don't see that advertised anywhere.

The $100 coupon for a gift card when you purchase a PS3 is not part of this week's sale. It's it's own thing.

Some people say the coupon will print out if you buy anything from the music/movies department, but Blu-ray movies are your best bet.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295406

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295313

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

oldschoolfool said:

really,you haven't turned on your 60gig PS3,just because your afraid it would get the YLOD. Maybe you should just not turn on any electronic device,if that was the case. Target has to have good deals like this,because nobody goes there. lol

I would play it non-stop and like crazy if I knew that I could buy another one of the exact or better version of it, but there isn't one. I don't want it to break, because it holds more value than the other PS3s out there. What you are saying is like telling me to drive my old antique car that is hard to fix. I would rather buy a cheaper model and play the shit out of it. That's what I did with my 360. I knew that every newer model of 360s are  better and they add to the hardware with more features compared to the older shit model 360s. So why not play the shit out of it till it dies?  I can always buy a newer and better model; and that's exactly what I did. I left my 360 on for days straight, eventually burning up the DVD drive. Later on, Red Ringed my second 360. If Sony brought back the fully featured PS3s, full BC of PS2/PS1 games and all the memory card slots, I wouldn't be scared to turn my 60 gig back on. So instead of breaking my hard to replace 60 gig, I would rather wait till I could buy another PS3 that I wouldn't mind breaking.

I value rare items. I collect games and don't even open some of them. I Buy multiple copies of certain games so I can have a brand new one to sell later and one to play with.

The only reason why I bought a PS3 so soon in its life cycle was because they announced that they were doing away with the fully featured BC models. So i had to throw down $599 so I could have the best model before they ran out. I was going to wait till FFXIII came out to buy a PS3. Then I also was intrested in HOME when they announced it. I wanted my screen name before anyone else could take it. So, having the best PS3 model and having my screen name was worth $599 to me... hahaha.. $599 is a big investment. Why break a $599 machine, when I can break a $299 machine?

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER