By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Target - Buy a 160 gig PS3, get $160 worth of gift cards

I finally bought a new PS3 to replace my 60 gig PS3, which I haven't turned on since the news of YLODs. I've been scared to break my precious un-gimmped PS3 with PS2 backwards compatibily. Not that it matters much to me anymore, since playing PS2 games won't give me any Trophies. It's just the fact that it plays PS2 games and has all the hardware that was meant to be in the PS3, that makes it hold so much value. Time to wipe the dust off of my 60 gig PS3 and box it up.

I've been looking around for a good deal to jump on buying a PS3. I've been amassing a collection of Blu-ray movies and have been itching to play some of my 3D Blu-rays on my Panasonic 3D-TV. This week was it. This is the best deal I've seen in a while.Target is giving a $60 gift card for the purchase of a 160 gig PS3. There is also a deal running for purchasing a Blu-ray movie. If you buy any Blu-ray movie, you will get a coupon for $100 gift card if you buy a PS3.

I drove over to my local Target. They had one 160 gig PS3 in the cabinet. I quickly ran over to the Blu-ray section and picked the cheapest Blu-ray movie I could find. I picked up a copy of The Ninth Gate for $7.99. Went to the cashier and paid for the movie. A coupon printed out for the $100 gift card offer. I then went to get the PS3. I presented the coupon and got a $100 gift card along with the $60 gift card. Yeah, I know.. you still pay full price for the PS3, but at least you get $160 extra to spend on whatever at Target. I'll most likely spend them on Hello Kitty goodness, for my neices of course. ~_n

You can even return the Blu-ray movie if you want, since it isn't attached to any gift cards.

Now I have a Blu-ray player and can watch my 3D movies.. Thank you Target!!

Steps to getting the deal:

1. Buy Blu-ray movie. Make sure you pay at one of the front registers. They print coupons.
  2. Buy PS3. Present $100 coupon. Get one gift card for $60 and one gift card for $100

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

God I hate that skirt, it only hides her glorious ass.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Ahhh!  Please keep The Ninth Gate.  One of my favorite Johnny Depp movies (and not that you might care but my top three are, Dead Man, Arizona Dream and The Libertine)

Great deal for you!!!!  Have fun!

Maybe a price-cut at E3!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

I'm tellin you guys. It's a price cut. You think I'm retarded for comparing the ps3 to ps2 lifetime price points, citing gamestops 100$ off ps3, and pointing to the new SKU.

Price drop incoming. Possibly a new slim as well.

Around the Network

Now I don't know whether to wait or what. I want to play LA Noire....real bad..

Sounds like a great deal. I have really been wanting a ps3 but have been waiting for a good price. What is normal cost opf a ps3?

Doobie_wop said:

God I hate that skirt, it only hides her glorious ass.

Yea haha.  What was this thread about again haha.

But OT that is a pretty epic deal. 

Can not wait for E3

i hope Sony is so smart and bundle the new slim or the old slim after price cut with Infamous2!