By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon sells 17 Wii's per second

According to Amazon.cm the hottest selling product this christmas was the Wii, selling the incredible number of 17 consoles very second, while supplies lasted.

If the supply was enough to meet the demand then at that rate and selling for a whole day, Amazon would have sold 1,468,800 units on a single day. These numbers speak for themselves.

Heres the link http://money.cnn.com/2007/12/26/news/companies/bc.apfn.amazon.com.holiday.ap/index.htm?postversion=2007122607

Good job Nintendo!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Yep i saw this story too.

"Like you know"

17 per second. WOW. Nintendo outdone themselves. If only they had supply.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

thats incredible

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Int that impossible O_O

mM
Around the Network

It sold that during their sale on black friday when they had the thousand Wii's for 79 bucks. Don't sensationalize with your misleading title.

They had WII'S FOR $79.99!!!

WTF!?!?!?!

YOU DIIDNT TELL ME!!!

mM

you should pay more attention leo-j.

you had to win a raffle or something though I think.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

@ leo-j

It was only for the people who voted to have it at that price. you already had to have an amazon account and vote for which console should be sold at a reduced price (PS3 40 gig=139, XBOX 360 arcade=99, Wii=79). Obviously, Wii got the most votes. At 79 bucks, it costs marginally more than a pS360 game, that's a great price.

well there are approximately 431,679,809,125 seconds in one year, cross multiply the denominator of the quotient and times the gradient by a factor of 12 to the power of 4, divided by the sum of π and we're looking at 9,679,876,254, 871,009 wii's sold by the end of next year.