By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo aims to sell 300 mln Wii, DS software units

jlrx said:
leo-j said:
software?

Unlikely

that was the funniest part of this post. It's amazing that the DS is at nearly 260 million, in only 3 years.

Nintendo wants to do 300 million a year, not in 3 years.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network

So the Wii will probably sell more than a billion in software in its lifetime. I wonder if publishers are taking notes.

Soriku said:
FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
jlrx said:
leo-j said:
software?

Unlikely

that was the funniest part of this post. It's amazing that the DS is at nearly 260 million, in only 3 years.

Nintendo wants to do 300 million a year, not in 3 years.

??? It doesn't say that.

It only makes sense that way. Between them, GC and GBA had 600 million in lifetime software sales, so 300 million as a lifetime goal would be much too small. OTOH, this summer (April to September), Wii and DS had 100 million in software sales between them, so 300 million for a full year (including Christmas) seems to be a appropriately ambitious target for Nintendo.

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

Lots of good news for Nintendo owners!

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

YAY, They did it!

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"