By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 3DS Sales Topic. Shipped, Sold, Software and Release

If I am not mistaken, looking at the history going back to the N64, don't Nintendo consoles sell slow in their first year, then just steamroll from the 2nd year onward?

I may be wrong...

Around the Network

Well I think it makes sense they overshipped a lot of titles because in the long run they will sell all stock, and of course the 3DS has been not exactly flying off the shelves.

I am, like everyone else, waiting for the big E3 announcements in terms of games. I think $250 is also way too much still so maybe Nintendo will throw a bone by offering a free game or dropping the price come Christmas.

It's just that simple.

RolStoppable said:
Mr.Ashtear said:

The 3DS is obviously struggling...but thats a good thing, Nintendo´s best games comes when they are feeling the heat. 

The bad thing though is that it can take them up to ten years to make said games.

No.. Nintendo is not Polyphony. lol!! Nintendo will have a large amount of games to show at E3. I can guarantee you that. I personally thought they released the 3DS too soon (at least in the U.S.) They should have released it in Sept. It'll eventually take off once more quality titles get released and the price gets under $200. The price of the system was too high, but I'm still happy with my purchase. I have no plans to get a NGP at launch however. I know it's going to cost $299 and I'm not forking over that amount for a handheld. I'll probably wait a couple years before I get that. I still like my PSP anyways.

'gaming till I'm gone'