By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Pachter: Uncharted 3 in 3D, Unbelievable

Doubt my parent's would let me use their 3DTV. Nothing wrong playing it not in 3D though.

Around the Network

For a fraction of a second, as I was clicking into this thread, I felt extremely compelled to play this game in 3D.

Then I remembered the costs of getting a new huge 3D HDTV and laughed it off instantly. No thanks. I'll be playing this game in 2D and I'll love every second of it. :P

So I have to buy a Panasonic Plasma 3D before November... less games, more work.

CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:

After playing Uncharted 2 I can say without a doubt that Uncharted 3 will be one of the best looking games out of this whole gen.

Probably THE best looking, I don't expect much to top Uncharted 3 until next gen. As for 3D, I'm not going gaga for it, but we'll see.

Agreed it will be really hard to top it...still don't know about being THE best though. Still at least a couple of years left in this gen (well I guess technically not since Cafe is coming out but you get the point)

CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:
CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:

After playing Uncharted 2 I can say without a doubt that Uncharted 3 will be one of the best looking games out of this whole gen.

Probably THE best looking, I don't expect much to top Uncharted 3 until next gen. As for 3D, I'm not going gaga for it, but we'll see.

Agreed it will be really hard to top it...still don't know about being THE best though. Still at least a couple of years left in this gen (well I guess technically not since Cafe is coming out but you get the point)

I'm thinking it will take top spot at launch and holding on to it for quite a while. Looking at Uncharted 2 (still the best looking game to many), it held on to that spot until Killzone 3 (unanimously). If Nintendo's next console is anything to go by, the next gen should begin next year. Yes, there will probably be a game here or there to top Uncharted 3, but I don't imagine it will be many games.

I think Unhcarted 3 will be the game (graphically) that everyone will be talking about all throughout the existence of next gen.

Nothing to argue with there...I agree with all points.

Around the Network
wfz said:

For a fraction of a second, as I was clicking into this thread, I felt extremely compelled to play this game in 3D.

Then I remembered the costs of getting a new huge 3D HDTV and laughed it off instantly. No thanks. I'll be playing this game in 2D and I'll love every second of it. :P

A new 3D TV at a store such as Best Buy while a sale is going on is going to run you around $1,500, usually including a free Bluray Player/PS3 or some other special incentive. At that price it really isn't going to break anyones bank. 

Oh and the one at my local Best Buy was a 52 inch 3D TV with a bluray player included at it retailed at $1,200. Which unless you are dirt poor, that is an affordable price for almost any home. 

i just got a samsung 46" 3DTV, 120 HZ, with 2 pairs of glasses for $1300.

its either this one or one very similar, cnet also gave it a pretty good review...Samsung UN46D6000 46-Inch 1080p 120Hz... 

Oh i cant wait till my 3d bravia gets its hands on this!!

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

brendude13 said:
CGI-Quality said:
yo_john117 said:

Am I the only one that thinks MGS4 is still the best looking game on consoles?

...Anybody?

uhm...i think God Of War 3 or Uncharted 2 graphics are a little bit more better than MGS IMO...BUT MGS looks more beautiful...just cause of the mood & atmosphere of the game...BUT if we see a PS3 exclusive MGS5 on PS3 i think it could beat EVERYTHING on the PS3...but the time is tight...we have to wait for E3 or TGS 2011...