By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 tops 360 in Netflix usage

osamanobama said:

you realize there is a power save feature on the controllers and system.

you can set the controllers to either never turn off, or turn off at a predetermined times, same with the console?

have you ever used that ps3 of yours?

No, i didn't realize that... IF you read the thread you would have figured that out... Yes, I use the PS3 quite often, I for one just don't go spelunking through the menus... Same for the 360, that's why it took me a few hours to get auto-sign in set up... 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

360 has the same search option!!  IT'S THE SAME!! I'm.....I'm having a hear attack.....call my mother....tell her I love boobs..

*dies*

Since when? Last time I used the 360 Netflix app not... so I'm happy to know that now it has this feature.

And 1080p streaming, subtitles and 5.1 audio? The new app for 360 had support too?

Those numbers don't surprise me.  Many people bought PS3s as Blu-Ray players early on.  Generally, the console versions of Netflix are superior to the discrete Blu-Ray/DVD player firmware versions of Netflix.  Since many had PS3's set up to play movies, using Netflix seems pretty natural.  My setup is a little different.  I use my 360 for Netflix since it is setup to work with my Harmony remote and I refuse to drop cash for the PS3 adaptor.  If I had a PS3 focused entertainment setup, though, I would definitely be using the PS3 to watch Netflix.  Both numbers are pretty high though.  I think it reinforces that being exclusive to once console is not beneficial.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

ethomaz said:
yo_john117 said:
ethomaz said:
osamanobama said:
ethomaz said:

The Netflix app for PS3 is better than 360 one... so expected.

what do you mean, hows it better.

i heard the ps3 has better picture qualitu, or sound quality or something?

Better user interface, more features (5.1 sound, 1080p, subtitles, etc)... a lot more options for the user.

Ok I can say without a doubt that the 360 interface looks and performs better then the PS3 interface...and I'm fairly sure that it can do 1080p on the 360 as well.

And what are these "a lot more options for the user" that you are going off about?

360 can do 1080p... Netflix for 360 not.

No i'm almost positive it does stream 1080p on the 360 now.

Options like a Search Option and more.

360 has a search option and what are more of these "options" that the PS3 has? Until you tell me your just talking out of your ass.

Overall the PS3 app is better because had more features and more options.

They are about the same.

See now I have watched Netflix on the PS3 and 360 within the last couple of days (I just use which ever one is more convient at the time since they are basically the same)

So basically the interface is far better and more streamlined and less laggy on the 360, they both have the same amount of options (actually technically the 360 has more options due to Kinect), the PS3 loads titles faster (but this seems to vary depending on the person) and has 5.1 audio whilst the 360 won't be getting 5.1 audio for a little while longer, and i'm 80% sure they both stream in1080p..if not then the 360 will probably be getting it with the 5.1 audio update. 

d21lewis said:

I can't believe people are arguing over which console has the better Netflix experience.  It's not blu ray quality or anything on any device.  Anybody serious about a movie will just buy the disc.  For everybody else, if you have a PS3 you should use the PS3 version.  If you have the 360 (and Xbox Live), use the 360 version.  Nobody is missing out on anything.  The difference in experience is virtually non-existent!!  It's like watching a show on DirecTV and watching the same show on Dish Network.  Who the heck cares?  It's the same show!!  Other things like your TV, your audio setup, and your internet connection are what will decide how much you enjoy the feature.  Gosh, people!!

On the internet? Ha! Can't believe this thread didn't happen ages ago...

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

I don't know what the hell just happened to my PC and phone but VGChartz is taking forever to load on my PC and won't let me post on my phone (until just now).

Anyway, I was wrong.

I went to Netflix.com and deactivated Netflix on my PS3 and 360.  I then went to the PS3 and tried to use Netflix.  It asked for my email address and password (for identity theft purposes, I assume).  I was back to watching movies in about ten seconds.

Then, I went to my 360 to fire up Netflix.  It gave me a seven digit code that I had to type in at www.netflix.com/activate.  I typed in the code and was back to watching movies in about 13 seconds.

So yeah.  I was wrong.  I assume the Netflix registration process changed for the PS3 when they went from disc based to disc free (or I'm just getting senile in my old age).  Still, both methods were quick and painless and didn't take a minute between firing up the app and getting the service.  I don't see how this could possibly be a problem for anybody that wanted to use Netflix on either device.  In fact, I don't even see it being a factor for anybody that only owns one device.

Also, beware of my wrath.  I shall unleash the Weather Dominator (I took it from Cobra after they were defeated by G.I. Joe) on this world in the very near future.  You shall all learn to fear the name of D21!!

HA, proof that the PS3 is better. no one can deny it now

im with d21lewis on this, they are both great, i like 360's interface better than PS3's but the PS3 one runs a bit smoother. Wii actually runs just as smooth as PS3

This has to be THE most pathetic argument I have seen on VGChartz.

brendude13 said:

Naw this is small time peanuts man.

yo_john117 said:
brendude13 said:

Naw this is small time peanuts man.

That's what makes it so pathetic though.  People are coming up with downright silly arguements on why one service is better then the other when they are basically identical.

This is basically as good of a barometer of "blindingly biased" are some people as you find.

Unless you can start a thread and get people to argue why a $10 check from sony is better then a $10 check from Microsoft and vice versa.

"The check from sony is green, like money... so you are more likely to cash it!"

"The check from Microsoft looks like it was written by hand... so you can tell they care more!"

Thread should of never got beyond "Not all 360s can access netflix."