By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - New total war in development

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-17-creative-assembly-making-new-total-war

First off i want Total War: Industrial Empires. Which focuses entireley on 1850-1950 europe. And with the introduction of frontlines and much more detailed invasions then simply march army to capital city and win and take over. There should be much more larger in scale that you have to invade and push though the frontlines of your oppossing nation. Also alliances should be more detailed in that they actually help you, not be an weak nap. 

Also that period is by far the most interesting period in european history, being that there were 2 massive wars and alot of alliances etc. 

anyways suggest your total war ideas. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

3 Kingdom total War? It's a natural fit, with 3 very large stable faction during the middle era and lots and lots of early era factions. Obviously not gonna happen since CA has only got done with Shogun another oriental setting TW so I'm not banking on this but the concept would be cool.

Another one I can think of would be another smaller scale total war, you might miss some of the gran scope but the game got too cluster in Empire and I thought Shogun was a superior effort in every way. England's War of the Roses, Persia Total War for something more exotic or even a remake of Rome.

Pass gunpowder age, the logistic of war change significantly and when translating to the style of gameplay that I love in total war, something is just plain lost.

I would like to see them do somthing off the wall like a fantasy themed game possibly even bassed on the shining series or something. A sci-fi master of Orion style 4X game with 3D real time fleet battles could also be amazing.

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

I hope it's Rome total war 2. Looking at shogun total war 2, it's next in line.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Make it Total War: Three Kingdom and I'll buy it despite Steam. Make it take place during the industrial revolution and I couldn't care less. In fact, if it's anywhere after the Middle Ages and before World War II, I don't think I care much. And after WW2... Well, that's not for Total War.

Around the Network
zarx said:

I would like to see them do somthing off the wall like a fantasy themed game possibly even bassed on the shining series or something. A sci-fi master of Orion style 4X game with 3D real time fleet battles could also be amazing.

I like that idea, Sins of the Solar Empire is good, but it was just not quite up to the standards of Total War

zarx said:

WIth an fantasy setting, they could make their own world. However the series started and expanded in historical conditions, so that unlikely to happen.

CE would take a big risk trying it. It could pay off big time or fail big time.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

it has to be historial setting or its not total war. 

Whats the best thing they should do is make invasions better and on larger scale. 

bigger is what total war requires. Big battles is what total war is famous for. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

I'm also hoping for a Rome 2: Total War.

I'd like Rome 2: Total War, I'd prefer they stayed out of 1850 period as long as possible, as the gameplay would have to change quite dramatically once Tanks start coming into it