By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon.fr and .de have wii in stuck, hurry...!!! no .com

It's like, the 360 team don't even know how to market the 360 correctly outside of the United States and cater to local tastes. They are trying, but are failing misereably especially in Asia.

Nintendo sucks in some areas too, especially in smaller countries(New Zeland, Nordic countries, etc) but Microsoft is a bonafide, multinational, multi-industry, multi-ten billion dollar company.

Around the Network

I spent some time in New Zealand over the Summer break (which is dec->jan in australia).. one of the people i met with there had a wii, and was saying that there were supply shortages there too... now... i'm not sure if there was a very small shipment sent there, or shortages from the first shipment.. but from that i wouldn't really say "Nintendo sucks in [new zealand]" ..

that being said.. i really don't have updated information about the sales figures in new zealand, so i'm just taking a guess

I won't be surprised if Nintendo is severely undershipping in smaller countries like New Zealand. They are already doing it in the USA. They are purposely shipping msot units to bigger retail chains, prompting the EBgame/Gamstop executive to complain some weeks ago. 

It's smart strategy. Focus on the most important regions and secure the games and support and the chips will fall later in smaller markets.

@ ranzchic

I don't think it's fault of M$'s marketing team. The problem is nobody believes this system will win. You can go and ask Wii fans about future - Wii will rule the world. Go to the PS fan and you will hear some stuff about hard beginnig, some stuff about MGS and FF and assurance that PS3 will win because this is a long run. Then you can go to x fan and... "You know... our market share will be even bigger than last time etc." The problem is Microsoft. They don't care about customers. They killed X too early. It's like with xp system. Right now it's patched, pretty safe etc. so this is a time for vista....

BTW... no offense but I have to ask about your avatar... is it some kind of dildo? Butt plug maybe?

It's a real children's toy. http://myaquapet.com/toys/zmooch.php