By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Reuters: Expert Finds "Security Flaws in Sony's Networks"

Icyedge said:

Its becoming obvious enough there was security issue within Sony's network. With that said, this forum isnt call "Sony hating discussion" its "Sony gaming discussion". This actually isnt even talking about the PSN: "Sony's overall Internet security is lacking far beyond the confines of the PlayStation Network, Qriocity music service and Sony Online Entertainment servers. "

I see "Sony Discussion" so anything related to Sony fits in here nicely. Just like how OS, Web broswer, and skype news end up in the MS section 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Around the Network
Galaki said:

A lot of things are called console.

I.E. a linux command prompt could be called console.

That's what it appears as on Ubuntu 10.10, for me at least 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Mendicate Bias said:
goforgold said:
ozsman said:
goforgold said:

and here we go with this fucking bullshit again.....

what? real news?

yeah real fucking news *rolls eyes*

Want to elaborate on what is wrong with the news article and why you don't consider it real news?

ok

yet another article from some damn expert who found an unspecified security flaw, and Google....really, the fact that this guy doesn't even tell you what the info that HE THINKS  shouldn't be accessed even is is enough to dismiss it a pure bullshit, and worse he said "MIGHT BE" stored, info might be stored fucking anywhere, meaning he has no fucking clue if what he supposedly found is legit or not, this article is pure bullshit just like ALL the others from the fucking experts telling us NOTHING we don't already know, you would think people would know that but then you look at the website that posted it,  who brought it here, and who's posting it's all becomes clear, hence the "and here we go with this bullshit again"

and if I had a fucking nickel for every time one these NEWS -__- articles came up I'd be able to buy a round trip PATH train ticket from here to Jersey.

and @ Galaki, because you'd fucking know *facepalm*

voty2000 said:
goforgold said:
ozsman said:
goforgold said:

what? real news?

Maybe you should quit rolling your eyes around and shove them back into your head and actually read the article.  You may find it surprising that Reuters are not Sony trolls. 

"many of which Sony has since fixed"  

you all should have STOPPED reading there, this guy is just reiterating what the fuck we and Sony already fucking know and have been fixing for the past 3 damn weeks or did you cleverly skip that part......

goforgold said:
voty2000 said:
goforgold said:
ozsman said:
goforgold said:

what? real news?

Maybe you should quit rolling your eyes around and shove them back into your head and actually read the article.  You may find it surprising that Reuters are not Sony trolls. 

you all should have STOPPED reading there, this guy is just reiterating what the fuck we and Sony already fucking know and have been fixing for the past 3 damn weeks or did you cleverly skip that part......

Jack, is that you?

Around the Network
goforgold said:
Mendicate Bias said:

Want to elaborate on what is wrong with the news article and why you don't consider it real news?

ok

yet another article from some damn expert who found an unspecified security flaw, and Google....really, the fact that this guy doesn't even tell you what the info that HE THINKS  shouldn't be accessed even is is enough to dismiss it a pure bullshit, and worse he said "MIGHT BE" stored, info might be stored fucking anywhere, meaning he has no fucking clue if what he supposedly found is legit or not, this article is pure bullshit just like ALL the others from the fucking experts telling us NOTHING we don't already know, you would think people would know that but then you look at the website that posted it,  who brought it here, and who's posting it's all becomes clear, hence the "and here we go with this bullshit again"

and if I had a fucking nickel for every time one these NEWS -__- articles came up I'd be able to buy a round trip PATH train ticket from here to Jersey.

First of all chillout and take a deep breath. You sound like your about to have an aneurysm.

Secondly its a news article not a scientific paper, he's not going to go into detail. Read the article again, the guy is the chief officer of an internet security firm and what he is talking about is common sense security that any big corporation should have. I think the chief officer at an internet security firm knows more about security than some guy typing in all caps on a forum cause he got his feelings hurt.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

Galaki said:
goforgold said:
voty2000 said:
goforgold said:
ozsman said:
goforgold said:

what? real news?

Jack, is that you?

who the fuck is Jack????

Mendicate Bias said:
goforgold said:
Mendicate Bias said:

ok

First of all chillout and take a deep breath. You sound like your about to have an aneurysm.

Secondly its a news article not a scientific paper, he's not going to go into detail. Read the article again, the guy is the chief officer of an internet security firm and what he is talking about is common sense security that any big corporation should have. I think the chief officer at an internet security firm knows more about security than some guy typing in all caps on a forum cause he got his feelings hurt.

first off less than 90% of my post is in caps and seondly exactly my point, I heard the same damn thing from fucking security experts for 3 freaking weeks. so I'll say it AGAIN!!!!!! and here we go with this bullshit AGAIN!!!

lot of emotions in this thread... >_>

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
Galaki said:
NiKKoM said:

Please... why would we believe an "Expert"? >_>

ANyway it seems they used Amazon to hack into the sony: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-13/sony-network-said-to-have-been-invaded-by-hackers-using-amazon-com-server.html

if they used a debit card they'll never find them.. >_<"

When is Steam going to get the blame next? LOL.

Surely, the Steam launching on PS3 coincide with the hack must have some daming evidence?

Maybe Gabe is still mad at the PS3 cause PS3 Fanboys drew this:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen xD!