By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New ps3 models coming out? At 200$?

superchunk said:

wait. There is no doubt there will be a sale coming up this year and E3 is the most logical place for that to be pronounced.

I agree with everything here... except the use of pronounced instead of anounced.

Too cerimonial.  If anything you might even be able to get an old PS3 even cheaper.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
D-Joe said:

you guys don't even click the link?

1.April 26, 2011

2.looks like no any different between 2xxx and this 3xxx

guess just bigger HDD

Can you explain?

Bigger hard-drive would be differentiated by having another letter at the end like D or E. There will be a big difference, and I'm willing to bet you that.

you don't know there's CECH 2500A?

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000125740/

come on look at the news picture

D-Joe said:
theprof00 said:
D-Joe said:

you guys don't even click the link?

1.April 26, 2011

2.looks like no any different between 2xxx and this 3xxx

guess just bigger HDD

Can you explain?

Bigger hard-drive would be differentiated by having another letter at the end like D or E. There will be a big difference, and I'm willing to bet you that.

you don't know there's CECH 2500A?

http://kakaku.com/item/K0000125740/

come on look at the news picture

ok, so WX0YZ=

W=big change
X=semi big change
Y=something minor
Z=Harddrive

Maybe they're supporting wireless N? They wouldn't need FCC approval for a bigger HDD right?

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Maybe they're supporting wireless N? They wouldn't need FCC approval for a bigger HDD right?

the article says they're staying with the current wireless, which means no wireless N

the hard drive improvements do have to have FCC approval, but not normally at this level of change, as theprof00 pointed WX0YZ=

W=big change
X=semi big change
Y=something minor
Z=Harddrive

Around the Network

I'll believe it when Sony confirms this.

oldschoolfool said:

I'll believe it when Sony confirms this.

there is no fact here besides the filing. This is all speculation. This is supposed to be fun...so have fun, mr raincloud.

colored ps3's?

mtlca66 said:

colored ps3's?

the white ps3s and special edition ones are usually changed on the second or third number.

So, like cech-3000 = cech-WXYZ, special editions and colors (like the white ps3) having a different X  or Ynumber

I'm wondering if it could be a move package of some kind. Usually a bundle is the second or third number, but if they've changed the system somehow, it could warrant the first number change. Something like a built in camera or some kind of secondary tracking system.

Earlier this year we saw some patents for a ground camera/receptor. It's possible that they included some kind of bluetooth tracker or something that could also be sold as an accessory.

Another possibility is a different kind of harddrive like a solid state drive, or flash drive. I have no idea. The number doesn't necessarily indicate a slimmer version, but I do think we'll be seeing a 200-250$ ps3 either by e3 or tgs.