By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What games had the most unrealized potential for greatness?

As in games you feel could’ve been better.

I’d have to choose Geist.

Since that game had a brilliant concept, of possessing objects and people, in order to progress; that unfortunately was poorly implemented with a bad game engine, and was sometimes hard to figure out how to proceed. Which is a shame, since the game was so original otherwise.

Have any additional games to list?

Around the Network

I will just leave this here 

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

Geist came out on the wrong console. It was a mistake to release a game aimed at teens for a console aimed at children.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

MAG !!!!!!

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:

MAG !!!!!!

yep, great potiential, poorly executed which seem to be an problem with Zipper at the moment, they have poorly executed Socom there prestige franchise and i dont see them doing well. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network

Alan Wake for me... Not saying it is an bad game but it is sad that it ended up so linear while it would have been an sandbox game,  the idea of Alan wake being in an open world setting..Well I would have loved that :).

Anything from Peter Molyneux. 

I remember him talking about the first Fable and thinking it will change gaming. It's a shame he barely ever even gets close to the potential he clamis his games have.

Bully.

There's just so much that can be done with the game.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Lostplanet22 said:

Alan Wake for me... Not saying it is an bad game but it is sad that it ended up so linear while it would have been an sandbox game,  the idea of Alan wake being in an open world setting..Well I would have loved that :).

Not to mention being less gun-ho and more atmospheric and creepy.

Dr.Grass said:

Anything from Peter Molyneux. 

I remember him talking about the first Fable and thinking it will change gaming. It's a shame he barely ever even gets close to the potential he clamis his games have.

Hey, the first Magic Carpet and Syndicate were cool games.

And Theme Park and Dungeon Keeper.