By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS firmware update (e-shop, browser) scheduled for June 7 in Japan!

manuel said:

Reggie in 3D...? ... *shudders* ;P

Lol

I hope we get a really new and deep online update. Looking forward to all of it.

Around the Network

EU EU EU

^^ that and I hope they announce the date for some of the prelaunch already playable games ^^

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

sounds like a good date to me, such an awesome update.

Reminds me how that mega Wii update (Version 4 I think) was made available during GDC 2009

The date for the UK is 7th June as well:

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/26140/nintendo-3ds-eshop-coming-in-june/

RCTjunkie said:
Viper1 said:

June 7th is the date of their E3 Media Conference.  I was hoping for a May release (as in very soon) but I suppose it makes sense to announce all the details of the update a few weeks later when you have a room full of journalists in front of you.

They better pull something epic for the users.

Imagine mid-conference:

Reggie: Oh, wait a second. Everyone, check your 3DS's. BAM! Free 3D Zelda! 

Everyone: :D

in 2005, DS users were treated to DS stations that allowed us to download trailers shown at the confernce and were given a special press packet that included a demo of Metroid Prime Hunters.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had special content on offer at the show (media conference or exhibit floor) for those with a 3DS.  I'll have mine there waiting like a giddly little school girl.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
manuel said:

Reggie in 3D...? ... *shudders* ;P

Your body is not ready.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Obviously they held it back to such a date because it may reveal certain things about Cafe's online system and connectivity to 3DS.

I'm so tired of the 3DS, I hope the Wii 2 is nothing like it.

so the 3DS doesnt even have a browser right now??? come on, Ninty, PSP had one day one and that was years ago. Whatever at least there trying, if this comes b4 PSN is back up that will be sad

oniyide said:

so the 3DS doesnt even have a browser right now??? come on, Ninty, PSP had one day one and that was years ago. Whatever at least there trying, if this comes b4 PSN is back up that will be sad

The DS has one as well. So does Wii.  The 3DS didn't have one at launch because it's part of the a bigger online set up they are doing.

The rEVOLution is not being televised