By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sales expectations for Raccoon City, Street Fighter x Tekken and more

Examiner

In their presentation for the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2012, Capcom has revealed their sales expectations for four of their upcoming games: Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Street Fighter x Tekken (check out some screens from all four titles in the gallery to the left). You can check out their outlook for each game during the next fiscal year (which will end on March 31, 2012) below:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (winter 2011 release) – 2,500,000 units

Street Fighter x Tekken (TBA release date) – 2,000,000 units

Dragon’s Dogma (early 2012 release) – 1,500,000 units

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record (autumn release) – 800,000 units

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record, Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and Street Fighter x Tekken are slated for the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City is also coming Windows PC.

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/sales-expectations-for-operation-raccoon-city-street-fighter-x-tekken-and-more

Around the Network

Wow, really realistic expectations. They may even be underestimating a few games, I'm sure Tekken vs Street Fighter could be huge hit and Dogma could be really popular with the buzz it's created. The only one that might be a little over done is Racoon City, I'm sure it will be succesful, but I doubt it's going to sell more than Tekken vs Street Fighter.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Doobie_wop said:

Wow, really realistic expectations. They may even be underestimating a few games, I'm sure Tekken vs Street Fighter could be huge hit and Dogma could be really popular with the buzz it's created. The only one that might be a little over done is Racoon City, I'm sure it will be succesful, but I doubt it's going to sell more than Tekken vs Street Fighter.

Resident Evil is pretty big as a franchise.The thing is with questionable quality can the name only sell them that much?

2m (just like MvsC3 if I remember correct) seems about right.Also isn't SFxT for PC too?

It's too early for DD.It doesn't have a name to support it like like ORC and we know almost nothing about it.

800k for a dead rising?This is where I think they are underestimating.