By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should i get a Xbox 360 now or wait a liitle longer?

Get it now and start enjoying the games. All the games you are planning to buy are great fun!
If you really want to save money and wait for the price cut, then wait 2 years when it will be $149.
Best thing to do is get it now and have fun. 360 is a great console.

Around the Network

If you're going to wait for a $50 price drop I'd recommend looking around now and trying to find a good boxing week sale on one. There's a good chance you will be able to find one with either extra games or $50 off it you look hard enough.

For example I live in Canada and Future Shop is selling an Xbox 360 Pro bundle this week that includes Halo 3, Two Worlds, Forza Motorsport 2, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance for $399.

thanks mrstickball! looks like my only decision would be now or after price drop. is the X-Box elite the only one with HDMI or are there other models with it?

No, you should not get it later. You should not even get it now. You should get it before! Now go into the Time Machine, and buy it at launch date!

You should wait I thought of getting a Xbox360 before christmas but then I noticed that I have a ton of games to complete.

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Around the Network

The 360 is 100% certainly getting a price cut of at least $50 within 6 months, and possibly even sooner.

My advice is to wait if you have other stuff to play and you haven't got much money to spare, but otherwise you might want to get one now.

Simple economics: Weigh the value of playing your 360 from now until late April against paying $50 less for your 360 in April (this is assuming GTA comes out in late April).  Is the 360 worth $50 for 3.5 months to you, or can you keep yourself satisfied with your other games/consoles until then?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

well i got a Xbox 360 today days ago... almost three :) I got Pro Version with no game, i guess they either stopped the bundle or have both in stock now. I also got Call of Duty 4. :)

Rocketdustf40 said:
well i got a Xbox 360 today days ago... almost three :) I got Pro Version with no game, i guess they either stopped the bundle or have both in stock now. I also got Call of Duty 4. :)

Congratulations. Now go buy Dead Rising before Stickball and myself fly to your house and beat you up. It's one of the most underrated games of this generation. You can pick it up new for $30 or used for about $15.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/