By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remake Starfox, not Starfox 64

Khuutra said:

Dammit people, Star Fox is not about characters and story and dialogue.  it is about these things, not necessarily in this order:

1. Graphics

2. Music

3. High scores

4. Explosions

That's it.

To address that, Command was deficient in almost all of these areas as well. I liked the strategic idea on paper, and the fights were fun enough if you got over that damned timer, but that was about it.

And clearly characters at least are of some significance in that series, as they went out of their way to make them, as opposed to say, Mario Bros, where they never established anyone's characters

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network
Mr Khan said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Gojimaster said:

no more remakes at all. make a new star fox already

Admittedly, they've made 3 Star Fox games since Star Fox 64, not counting Star Fox Adventures.  One was pretty good, one was mediocre and one was not so great.

3 since 64 and not counting adventures? I think it's just been 3 since 64 period, counting Adventures. Adventures in 02, Assault in 04, and Command in 06 (or 07, forget which)

I liked the characters as they were cast in Assault, which just made Command rub me all kinds of the wrong way, where they recast Krystal as the sort of person that would ever join Star Wolf, even with Star Wolf's recast role as "Chaotic Neutral," and then just made Fox constantly angst about Krystal, which detracted from the story whether you're a fan of her existence or not. The insane missile fights and the aggravating timer were also very bothersome.

My mistake.  I thought Nintendo had made one in between the Namco/Q-Games one.  Seems I remembered incorrectly.

And not only is your decription accurate, but even Miyamoto has come out and said he didn't like how the series was handled after SF64.  If anything, the fact that this game is being remade might be a sign of a 'revival' of the series by Nintendo Internal.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mr Khan said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Gojimaster said:

Admittedly, they've made 3 Star Fox games since Star Fox 64, not counting Star Fox Adventures.  One was pretty good, one was mediocre and one was not so great.

3 since 64 and not counting adventures? I think it's just been 3 since 64 period, counting Adventures. Adventures in 02, Assault in 04, and Command in 06 (or 07, forget which)

I liked the characters as they were cast in Assault, which just made Command rub me all kinds of the wrong way, where they recast Krystal as the sort of person that would ever join Star Wolf, even with Star Wolf's recast role as "Chaotic Neutral," and then just made Fox constantly angst about Krystal, which detracted from the story whether you're a fan of her existence or not. The insane missile fights and the aggravating timer were also very bothersome.

My mistake.  I thought Nintendo had made one in between the Namco/Q-Games one.  Seems I remembered incorrectly.

And not only is your decription accurate, but even Miyamoto has come out and said he didn't like how the series was handled after SF64.  If anything, the fact that this game is being remade might be a sign of a 'revival' of the series by Nintendo Internal.

I remember reading about a Starfox arcade game (and a Mario Kart Arcade game, too--I even remember the screen shots!) a long time ago.  I guess they never got made.  Maybe that's what you were thinkig of?

d21lewis said:

I remember reading about a Starfox arcade game (and a Mario Kart Arcade game, too--I even remember the screen shots!) a long time ago.  I guess they never got made.  Maybe that's what you were thinkig of?

The Mario Kart one does exist, Mario Kart Arcade GP. Perhaps the same people were making a Starfox one, but it never came to fruition if it did.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Meh. Starfox is good but Starfox 64 is better!

And the Land/Underwater stages are awsome!

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Mr Khan said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Gojimaster said:

They were going to make Arcade cabinets for Star Fox Assault, like F-Zero GX and Mario Kart GC got them.  But they dropped it since they felt there would be no way to tie in the GameCube data to the cabinets (F-Zero and Mario Kart had exclusive content when you used a GC memeory card).

Six upcoming games you should look into:

I'm sure this has been noted, but for the sake of argument:

StarFox64 essentially was a remake of StarFox.

I have a bright idea. Instead of a remake, how about they just make a good and new StarFox game? I know, mind blowing.

Either that or make StarFox 2 cuz that game was in the works and was supposed to come out on SNES but never came out.