By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Remake Starfox, not Starfox 64

Why does every new topic of his keeps getting it's own thread. I thought there was a master thread for this. So people could avoid it if the wanted too. Instead you see a topic you think is a original idea, and it's a Malstrom worship topic.

Star Fox has better music, but Star Fox 64 offered more to the consumer, and that's why it sold better. Multiplayer combat, and introduce RUMBLE to console gaming. Extreme replay value that's to the medals, and hard mode you could unlock. Then total freedom to play the game the way you want. Allowing people to move between the different skill paths.

Just because someone is saying something different. Doesn't mean their point of view is right!

Member Of The Wii Squad: Warriors of Light!

One of the 4 Yonkou of Youtube aka Wii Warlords. Other Members include ThaBlackBaron, Shokio, and Cardy.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Kenryoku_Maxis said:
ethomaz said:
ssj12 said:

SF64 is a sequel not a remake. It borrowed a lot of elements that was supposed to be in StarFox 2 on the NES.

In the first game you play as Fox McCloud's father.

Same intro... same stages... same characters... same bosses... REMAKE.

Not to totally explode this thread but...does that make Other M a remake of Super Metroid?

Just playing devils advocate.  I do think Star Fox 64 takes pretty much everything from the original game, but its not exactly a remake.  Its more like a upgraded sequel with new gameplay.  Just lke Ocarina is NOT a remake of Link to the Past.

Metroid Other M take place between Super and Fusion = NO REMAKE.
Zelda: Ocarina of Time take place before the first four Zeldas = NO REMAKE.
StarFox 64 take same place... same history = REMAKE

...except the story in Star Fox 64 is confirmed to be a different story than the original game.

A remake is Metroid: Zero Mission, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland or Mario Deluxe.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Kenryoku_Maxis said:

...except the story in Star Fox 64 is confirmed to be a different story than the original game.

A remake is Metroid: Zero Mission, Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland or Mario Deluxe.

StarFox 64 has the same history than original with some adaptations... that is a remake.

I liked both... but the only reason I liked N64 more is because of the MP. Without the MP, I'd have to repplay both again, since its been a long time since I have to say which I like better.

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

no more remakes at all. make a new star fox already

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network
Gojimaster said:

Admittedly, they've made 3 Star Fox games since Star Fox 64, not counting Star Fox Adventures.  One was pretty good, one was mediocre and one was not so great.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

wfz said:
dahuman said:
ssj12 said:
Hephaestos said:

no remakes... especially for this type of game....

I mean an FF where the story and events are what make the game, sure... but a shooter....

star fox isnt a shooter... its an aerial combat game.....

Aerial combat games are generally 3rd person shooters unless you are in cockpit mode which makes them FPS =P

Actually, flight combat games are a different genre than regular shooter games. Putting in Star Fox 64 and Call of Duty: Black Ops into the same genre is ... well I'm sure you understand it. Are you just being fecetious? >_>

it's not like I need a flight simulator setup to play starfox 64 lol ^^; that'd be PC stuff.

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Gojimaster said:

Admittedly, they've made 3 Star Fox games since Star Fox 64, not counting Star Fox Adventures.  One was pretty good, one was mediocre and one was not so great.

3 since 64 and not counting adventures? I think it's just been 3 since 64 period, counting Adventures. Adventures in 02, Assault in 04, and Command in 06 (or 07, forget which)

I liked the characters as they were cast in Assault, which just made Command rub me all kinds of the wrong way, where they recast Krystal as the sort of person that would ever join Star Wolf, even with Star Wolf's recast role as "Chaotic Neutral," and then just made Fox constantly angst about Krystal, which detracted from the story whether you're a fan of her existence or not. The insane missile fights and the aggravating timer were also very bothersome.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Dammit people, Star Fox is not about characters and story and dialogue.  it is about these things, not necessarily in this order:

1. Graphics

2. Music

3. High scores

4. Explosions

That's it.

I copied and pasted the first line of Starfox 64's wikipedia FOUR times and it won't post!!  Anyway, Wiki says it's a remake and a shooter (like how Panzer Dragoon or Gradius are shooters).  Hope that helps ya,Fox!