By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Game Studios Family recruits for another new first party studio

Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

I won't start comparing Kinect vs Eye Toy and Wiimote vs Move as this has nothing to do with the thread.

Ok you don't like it it's ok but why bother posting?

Anyway, I can't wait to see what these companies will do with Kinect, in this case, first party studios don't have to develop for multiple control systems so all ressources will be focused at one place.

I didn't start it so why did you get into it, and  kinect doesn't work with a real game assuming it will and buying a product and buying the software just makes more shovelware be made which is what MS is doing now, if you can't see that then thats your own shortcomming but the fact remains we haven't seen kinect work with a real game or even a tech demo of a real game 

If I can't see what? You and I have different taste and different views on what is gaming. I can very well have fun with non gamers and still call myself a gamer. You seem to have a very narrow definition of what a game is since you keep talking about "real" games not possible on Kinect. If a "real" game is another definition of "hardcore" game to you then guess what, there's still controllers to play these games with. If Microsoft comes with new studios to make better implementation of Kinect into "real" games then so be it. I'll wait and see. Now stop hating before you contract some sort of cancer

hell yea so true , that cancer is spreading throught his  body called move sucks balls

Around the Network

this thread is now about monster quotes...

crissindahouse said:

this thread is now about monster quotes...

I wonder if they are actually reading all those quotes..........Cuze I sure as hell aighnt

spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

Well of course it's unproven, it's still new and the second wave of games haven't released yet. I understand that praising games for Kinect that we didn't see anything yet is useless because they can end up pretty bad that's true. But the same can be said for downplaying it, they can end up being really good. 

Look, did Uncharted 2 released in the first year of the PS3? No...  it takes time and knowledge to craft good games and Kinect hasn't been out a year yet... let it go man, stop the hate and at least wait for E3!

Move is even newer and proven to work, kinect's been out for over half a year so no it should be proven by now if it can work

How is it newer if it was released before and is almost a copy of a controller already out for 5 years.

you mean like kinect is a copy of the eye toy for ps2 which released in 2003

The ignorance is strong with this one.

spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
epicberserk said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

Well of course it's unproven, it's still new and the second wave of games haven't released yet. I understand that praising games for Kinect that we didn't see anything yet is useless because they can end up pretty bad that's true. But the same can be said for downplaying it, they can end up being really good. 

Look, did Uncharted 2 released in the first year of the PS3? No...  it takes time and knowledge to craft good games and Kinect hasn't been out a year yet... let it go man, stop the hate and at least wait for E3!

Move is even newer and proven to work, kinect's been out for over half a year so no it should be proven by now if it can work

How is it newer if it was released before and is almost a copy of a controller already out for 5 years.

dude get off the thread if your comparing that sayin move is better in tech then kinect your just showing your ignorance and kinect has tech that the eye toy never had so get a life dude

how is move a copy of wii but kinect not a copy of eye toy? and Move works with real games kinect doesn't atleast not yet regardless of how advanced the camera is 

I won't start comparing Kinect vs Eye Toy and Wiimote vs Move as this has nothing to do with the thread.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what these companies will do with Kinect, in this case, first party studios don't have to develop for multiple control systems so all ressources will be focused at one place.

I didn't start it so why did you get into it, and  kinect doesn't work with a real game assuming it will and buying a product and buying the software just makes more shovelware be made which is what MS is doing now, if you can't see that then thats your own shortcomming but the fact remains we haven't seen kinect work with a real game or even a tech demo of a real game 

How exactly are Dance Central, Kinect Sport and Kinectimals not "real games"?  Becuase you don't shoot people in the face in them?

Around the Network
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

If I can't see what? You and I have different taste and different views on what is gaming. I can very well have fun with non gamers and still call myself a gamer. You seem to have a very narrow definition of what a game is since you keep talking about "real" games not possible on Kinect. If a "real" game is another definition of "hardcore" game to you then guess what, there's still controllers to play these games with. If Microsoft comes with new studios to make better implementation of Kinect into "real" games then so be it. I'll wait and see. Now stop hating before you contract some sort of cancer

you're contradicting yourself, you're saying you want real games with kinect yet saying you like the shovelware

daroamer said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
epicberserk said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

dude get off the thread if your comparing that sayin move is better in tech then kinect your just showing your ignorance and kinect has tech that the eye toy never had so get a life dude

how is move a copy of wii but kinect not a copy of eye toy? and Move works with real games kinect doesn't atleast not yet regardless of how advanced the camera is 

How exactly are Dance Central, Kinect Sport and Kinectimals not "real games"?  Becuase you don't shoot people in the face in them?

More like you can't move a character outside of the kinect space, making navigating an enviorment impossible and forcing them to do on rail type games which are more suited to iphone 

mendozahotness said:
BenVTrigger said:

So basically thats 3 new 1st party studios created or heavily expanded in the past 2 weeks?

Not quite.

MGS Vancouver has been going at least 15 months, they only went public last week.

MGS London has been about for at least as long and rolled out SKY player on Xbox 360 and are now expanding into games development, much like how GoodScience Games (formerly Spawnpoint Studios) used to simply deal with Microsofts interest in Gears of War and Shadow Complex and now they make games (Kinect Adventures)

But this one appears to be new.

The Vancouver studio, is it confirmed to be working on a core non-Kinect game or was it a "core Kinect" game?

spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

you're contradicting yourself, you're saying you want real games with kinect yet saying you like the shovelware

How is that contradicting?

epicberserk said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:
spammythesmartone said:
Jazz2K said:

I don't want to alarm you, but you're arguing with a guy with 47 posts who likely has another account here with over 5,000 posts. Kinda pointless.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.