By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - the Say good things about the other consoles thread

ok so this thread is a little different than my usual types of threads.

its about saying nice things about the game consoles you either dont own, dont like as much, or just plain dont like.

the system i will do is XBOX 360

great things about it:

it has a comfortable controller.

great online service, its well intregrated, fluid. it has cross game chat, and a nice party system.

Some very great games, several of which are exclusives, and or not on pc: i have always loved the gears series, i owned and played the first and loved it. i was highly disapointed to find out the sequals were not available to me. Left for Dead is another series i love, great games. Halo is not exactly for me, but still fun nonetheless.

old ones could potentially lower my heating bill.

xbox has produced some gorgeous looking games, i have been amazed that i can produce such visuals.

okay that was a fairly long list of some good things i find about the xbox.

now you guys do the same.

ps. dont flame, troll or anything else. keep this civil and on topic. no backhanded compliments

p.s.s. Even subtle dislikes for a console/handheld will not be tolerated. The rules are simple, post good things only!

Around the Network

I own all three :D and a ds well the wii and the ds are for my brother but all 5 console were bought by me so in a way they are mine so I don't know why am posting here

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

X360 (I like and own a PS3)

I loved Halo 3 and the first Gears of War.

So that is a good thing to buy the 360 today.

Thank for this thread. I just got finished fuming over all the negative and "doom" threads on here lately, this is a much needed and good idea.

I'm not a PS3 owner or fan, so I'll choose it.

Not only is the PS3 powerful, but Sony has done a great job of making and bringing in a great variety of games and innovation, instead of just relying on GRAPHICS GRAPHICS GRAPHICS. Some great examples are Dot Game Heros, Little Big Planet, and Uncharted. Not that these games don't look great, but they also bring fun, story, and innovation to the forefront of a machine that previously was just seen as all graphical brawn, no brains.

( I would talk about PSN being free and that's cool, but, for obvious reasons, now's not a good time to bring up PSN)

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

I own a DS, 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, and a gaming computer.

And I can't think of anything nice to say about the PSP. :(

Around the Network
wfz said:

I own a DS, 3DS, Wii, PS3, 360, and a gaming computer.

And I can't think of anything nice to say about the PSP. :(

then why post in here?

The 360 controller is heavy.

The first half of the 360's life cycle was great, so many great exclusives that were usually niche, interesting or just plain awesome. Earth Defense Force, Chromerounds, Lost Odyssey and Dark Messiah are just a few examples.

Larger variety of demos in comparison to the other platforms.

It has Fable 2, Gears of War 1, Halo: Reach, Alan Wake, Metro 2033 and Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Wii

It's small.

It has Gamecube support.

It has No More Heroes.

PSP

Nice screen.

Lots of interesting and niche games.

It's heavy.

DS

Pokemon.

Heaps of games, not all of them good, but it does have variety.

Looks cool.

PC

Retail games are cheap.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

Damn, OP finally made a topic that's not getting locked.. all joking aside.

I literary own every single system/handheld made so I think I can not make a post in this thread.

Ahh wait.. 3DS

It gives you the option to play with 3D or not.

It's fully BC (backwards compatible) with DS games.

It keeps the Duel Screens

Will own, waiting for 3DS XL before I buy.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o

PS3.

So far it's only:

Some exclusive games,

Free online service.

I wouldn't mind one, but I am in no hurry to get one.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Xbox 360:

Has a version of one the most overlooked game this gen, Dreamfall : The Longest Journey

Gears Of War.... I <3 TPS games

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey