By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which One Is Worse? RROD vs. PSN

mantlepiecek said:
dsister said:

I'm not saying it's comparable to RRoD? I'm just saying your reason for thinking the RRoD is worse is stupid. Because a larger percentage of PS3 users have been experiencing this problem then the Xbox userbase experienced RRoD 

My reasoning hasn't got much to do with percentages. Its more like the true victims are not PS3 users but PSN users.

However the true victims of rrod were 360 owners, not just XBL users.

The victims of the Sony hack are PS3 online users, PSP online users, Qriocity users, SOE users...

If you go by number of people affected, the Sony hack is affecting many more people than the RROD did. The RROD is just more of a pain in the ass for a particular user (at least until the leaked private info starts biting).

In the end this is a apples-to-oranges comparison, because a hardware failure is quite different from a software failure... Let's just say that both the RROD and the Sony hack are very bad in different ways.

PS: If the leaked private info starts creating headaches for a significant number of people, IMO this will mean the Sony hack is much worse than the RROD was.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
mantlepiecek said:
dsister said:

I'm not saying it's comparable to RRoD? I'm just saying your reason for thinking the RRoD is worse is stupid. Because a larger percentage of PS3 users have been experiencing this problem then the Xbox userbase experienced RRoD 

My reasoning hasn't got much to do with percentages. Its more like the true victims are not PS3 users but PSN users.

The victims of the Sony hack are PS3 online users, PSP online users, Qriocity users, SOE users...

If you go by number of people affected, the Sony hack is affecting many more people than the RROD did.

In the end this is a apples-to-oranges comparison, because a hardware failure is quite different from a software failure... Let's just say that both the RROD and the Sony hack are very bad in different ways.

"PS3 online users, PSP online users, Qriocity users"

That means PSN users. It is affecting more people than rrod, but how much is it affecting is important.

mantlepiecek said:

"PS3 online users, PSP online users, Qriocity users"

That means PSN users. It is affecting more people than rrod, but how much is it affecting is important.

Yeah, I kinda edited my post but apparently too late.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The PSN is down for about 2 weeks, While I've been through 3 360's and Microsoft did fuck all for me.

There is no arguement.

didn't Sony said only 900 credit card info were stolen??

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network
chapset said:

didn't Sony said only 900 credit card info were stolen??

that was 12,000 unencrypted cc numbers from 2007(from SOE server). Only 900 of those are still active, but don't worry, on that same unencrypted server they also had bank numbers(from what I heard)

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

Surely I am not the only one noticing how troll-ish the title is? PSN as a service isn't worse than RROD, is it?

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

mantlepiecek said:
badgenome said:

PSN was a much bigger blunder than RROD ever was. It's a good thing Sony finally got rid of it.

Hahaha

OT:

You guys need to understand there are people who play the PS3 without ever creating a PSN account. What did they lose again? Nothing.

RROD affects anyone and there was absolutely no way to dodge it. After the bigger HDDs started coming out there were ways to dodge overheating issues and all, but it was quite late and expensive.

That is not true, the Rod did not affects any  Xbox 360 user, I had never a Rod and I bought two Xbox 360s till now, the first is over 4 Years old now and still work, I donate my first Xbox 360 a year ago to my brother, it was only a 20GB Version an I needed more space and he had birthday at this time so I give him my 20GB box and bought a new one with 120GB. I never had a problem with one of my Xbox 360s. And my brother still play without any problems on my old 20GB Xbox 360.

NJ5 said:
mantlepiecek said:
dsister said:

If you go by number of people affected, the Sony hack is affecting many more people than the RROD did. The RROD is just more of a pain in the ass for a particular user (at least until the leaked private info starts biting).

PS: If the leaked private info starts creating headaches for a significant number of people, IMO this will mean the Sony hack is much worse than the RROD was.

The PSN hack not  only affected all PSN Users, it also affectet Gamedevelopers, the guys who made SOCOM maybe made there last Game because of the PSN goes down. All  Gamedevelopers who make Games which heavy rely on multiplayer or only be available over the PSN, are fucked of because of that. Valve with Portal 2,  Midway with Mortal kombat 9, and the Socom developers, and many small independent Developers. The PSN hack goes way beyond the 70 Million PSN Users.

A former fellow Sony employee called me to say, "Aren't you glad you didn't get a PS3!  All your private info would be out."

As I had debated back and forth for a long time between the two HD consoles.

I think the harm is how long the general public remembers it.  I had a Wii gaming friend laugh at me and say, “what? The ones that catch on fire?” when I told him I was getting an X360.  People remembered the catchphrase ‘the Red Ring of Death’ long after it wasn’t a problem.  (They even ask about the new model X360S.)

It also depends on if someone comes up with a catchy name for the PSN downage.  RROD has a cool ring, and people repeat it.  Plus the total amount of damage to people’s privacy – which is yet to be seen.

“Oh no! Not the Sony Anon-A-Net?”

(Remember the SAAN of 2011-2012?)

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!