By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan and Others data up!

wow im shocked at the 360 numbers i was expecting at least 450k from the 360 maybe i was shooting too high or maybe the wii took sales from it since they had stock last week

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Around the Network

I'm not surprised the 360 isn't doing so well. It's got some fantastic games but the hardware failure rates have stopped me buying one til now and this article has put me off for good. It's completely out of order for Microsoft to ban people when they've done nothing wrong and then tell them they have to buy a new console. You've no way of telling whether it's going to happen to you and I don't personally have the money to take that kind of risk I'll just have to play on friends' 360s.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1042

"If my email inbox is anything to go by, Microsoft has once again gone on a Christmas Xbox Live banning spree, and once again innocent users are caught up in the crossfire.

Here’s the deal - if you mod your Xbox then Microsoft reserves the right to ban your Xbox from ever connecting to the Xbox Live online service. This isn’t the first time that Microsoft has taken this action, and Microsoft is well within its rights to do this (if you have any doubts, read the terms and conditions). Problem is, each time Microsoft takes this action, I hear from people who have been banned who claim that they have been banned despite running unmodded consoles. And each time the story is the same - there’s no one customers can turn to for help.

This time is no different.

Now, I have no way to independently verify that the users who have approached me are actually running unmodded consoles, but given that I know that Microsoft’s track record in identifying non-genuine Windows operating systems isn’t 100% accurate, I’m going to assume that the same is true for identifying modded Xbox consoles. The problem isn’t so much that Microsoft might be mis-identifying unmodded consoles are modded ones, it’s the fact that there’s no one that users can turn to for help to discuss the problem. Several emails that I’ve received over the past few days make mention of tech support not being able to help “due to the nature of the ban” and that Microsoft is unable to take the consoles back under warranty to check whether they have been modded or not. If fact, customers being told that the only way to escape the ban is to buy a new console.

I’m not going to suggest that Microsoft should stop banning consoles that it suspects are modded. I’m also not going to push for 100% accuracy in detecting modded consoles (after all, I’m a realist) but I am going to forcibly suggest that they company put in place a system by which people who claim that their consoles are not modified can somehow prove their innocence. “Just buy a new console” isn’t a good enough answer.

I’ve contacted Microsoft for a response and will post what I get here.

Thoughts?"

leo-j said:
thx1138 said:
Wow! 3 times since the beginning of November the PS3 has outsold the 360 and now all of a sudden the PS3 will start outselling the 360 by 100K per week starting in 2008.

Guess you didnt see the adjustment, the ps3 outsold the X360 every week in december, and half of november.

ill just say they were virtually tied.. and it gives a good indicator of sales...

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Not enough DS talk in here. It broke a serious record man. Matter of fact, it MURDERED THE FUCKING RECORD/ DS just slays.

And hot dang on Wii as well.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Oooh.. another chance to use one of my favorite words, Nintendomination.

Around the Network

1/ "wow, Wii outselling ps3+360 combined on the biggest week of the year: Huge victory for nintendo."

==> I believe this is The thing to keep in mind (no sarcasm here)

2/ "wow im shocked at the 360 numbers i was expecting at least 450k from the 360 maybe i was shooting too high or maybe the wii took sales from it since they had stock last week"

WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!!!!

Since it seems to have some NEW Wii shippment for this week in NA, the Wii succeed to sell 740k (amazing) and succeed to counter the Xbox360 arcade that aims the same crowd.

Time to Work !

DS is beast.

ferret1603 said:
I'm not surprised the 360 isn't doing so well. It's got some fantastic games but the hardware failure rates have stopped me buying one til now and this article has put me off for good. It's completely out of order for Microsoft to ban people when they've done nothing wrong and then tell them they have to buy a new console. You've no way of telling whether it's going to happen to you and I don't personally have the money to take that kind of risk I'll just have to play on friends' 360s.

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1042

"If my email inbox is anything to go by, Microsoft has once again gone on a Christmas Xbox Live banning spree, and once again innocent users are caught up in the crossfire.

Here’s the deal - if you mod your Xbox then Microsoft reserves the right to ban your Xbox from ever connecting to the Xbox Live online service. This isn’t the first time that Microsoft has taken this action, and Microsoft is well within its rights to do this (if you have any doubts, read the terms and conditions). Problem is, each time Microsoft takes this action, I hear from people who have been banned who claim that they have been banned despite running unmodded consoles. And each time the story is the same - there’s no one customers can turn to for help.

This time is no different.

Now, I have no way to independently verify that the users who have approached me are actually running unmodded consoles, but given that I know that Microsoft’s track record in identifying non-genuine Windows operating systems isn’t 100% accurate, I’m going to assume that the same is true for identifying modded Xbox consoles. The problem isn’t so much that Microsoft might be mis-identifying unmodded consoles are modded ones, it’s the fact that there’s no one that users can turn to for help to discuss the problem. Several emails that I’ve received over the past few days make mention of tech support not being able to help “due to the nature of the ban” and that Microsoft is unable to take the consoles back under warranty to check whether they have been modded or not. If fact, customers being told that the only way to escape the ban is to buy a new console.

I’m not going to suggest that Microsoft should stop banning consoles that it suspects are modded. I’m also not going to push for 100% accuracy in detecting modded consoles (after all, I’m a realist) but I am going to forcibly suggest that they company put in place a system by which people who claim that their consoles are not modified can somehow prove their innocence. “Just buy a new console” isn’t a good enough answer.

I’ve contacted Microsoft for a response and will post what I get here.

Thoughts?"

You're right.  Very stupid of MS to not provide some support to check it out.  First step would be a online solution to use more accurate software to see if the X360 was modded or not.  Slower probably, but doing it over less X360s.   If no mod found, then reverse the ban.  If it still appears to be modded, then allow for the box to be sent in and 'manually' check to see what the mod is.  I  would imagine that those that modded but claimed that they didn't, would be more reluctant to sent their machine to send their box in.

"Buy a new console" is an excellent alternative answer, but they have to discuss with the customer whether that new console will be Wii, PS3 or a used PS2.  X360 shouldn't even be a consideration.

Torturing the numbers.  Hear them scream.

SeriousWB said:
Nintendo is a beast.

Fixed.

Good job Nintendo, you found the spot where to make the best money.

MS wants you to go out a buy another console and inflate that NPD. If they are going to implement something to allow you to prove your innocence, dont expect it until next year after they reap the benefits of those people going out to buy a new 360.