By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
thismeintiel said:
reviniente said:
thismeintiel said:

Looks like the PSN hack didn't plummet the sales of the PS3, as some had thought/were hoping.  Sony is going to weather this storm just fine.  And just imagine what will happen after the cut to $249. 

The only thing plummeting is the consumer's trust. Ohh... and stocks, but only a little.

Sorry, but neither one of those are plummeting.  Especially not consumer's trust.  Otherwise sales would have been down greatly. 

Oh, and a word to the wise.  You should try to round up all your responses in one or two larger replies or you may get banned for spamming the thread. 

From lazygamer:

'However since the leak the stock price has dropped from $30.14 down to $28.06 which when calculated back works out to a market value drop of $2.08 Billion which is just under 8% of it’s total value.'

I don't see SON¥ officers jumping to their deaths over this, but still.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

*sniff *sniff

I can already smell the day ps3 becomes 2nd LOL!

God dang ps3 in sales and this with PSN issues and being the most expensive console in the market ROFL!

PSP right behind ps3 while Wii is dead last is just WTF!

*Sniff**Sniff* Yeah... it kinda smells like it's offline.

true...

*sniff

but you smell butt hurt on the thought of ps3 passing your beloved 360 tho.

Don't even elaborate on how you know what butt hurt smells like.

YUP because all ppl need to do is take a look @ you  to know what butt hurt is, no need for elaboration.

You didn't go to school that day, did you?

ugh, this is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while on the forums.  Break it up before it gets to insults that I'll have to moderate.

There's no one else to argue with. We're bored.

reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

*sniff *sniff

God dang ps3 in sales and this with PSN issues and being the most expensive console in the market ROFL!

true...

*sniff

YUP because all ppl need to do is take a look @ you  to know what butt hurt is, no need for elaboration.

Ironic comming from a guy that replys with a bunch of random crap that has got nothing to do with the topic.

"*Sniff**Sniff* Yeah... it kinda smells like it's offline."

what does that got to do with ps3 overtaking 360 on a sales thread? can't comprehend? too hard for you to understand what ppl are discussing so you just throw in some nonsense offtopic response ehh?

XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

*sniff *sniff

true...

*sniff

Ironic comming from a guy that replys with a bunch of random crap that has got nothing to do with the topic.

what does that got to do with ps3 overtaking 360 on a sales thread? can't comprehend? too hard for you to understand what ppl are discussing so you just throw in some nonsense offtopic response ehh?

Random, for the unfocused. The PS3 is not overtaking the X360, it is merely reducing the gap at the moment. A gap that will widen considerably come November and beyond.

BTW, anybody knows why the X360 had an increase of 114% in Japan? I know it's Golden Week, but nobody else had a similar push, specially considering no exclusives came out for the X360. I've also been monitoring sales at Amazon Japan and the Xbox Live 3500 Points Card has been on that hourly updated bestselling list, second overall, for three straight weeks! The X360 never gets second on anything. What gives?

reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

*sniff *sniff

true...

*sniff

Random, for the unfocused. The PS3 is not overtaking the X360, it is merely reducing the gap at the moment. A gap that will widen considerably come November and beyond.

BTW, anybody knows why the X360 had an increase of 114% in Japan? I know it's Golden Week, but nobody else had a similar push, specially considering no exclusives came out for the X360. I've also been monitoring sales at Amazon Japan and the Xbox Live 3500 Points Card has been on that hourly updated bestselling list, second overall, for three straight weeks! The X360 never gets second on anything. What gives?

Any proof for that? or is that what you "wish" to happen?

Last time I checked 360 crowd was on uproar about kinect and 360slim widening the GAP again last year how did that turn out? ohh righ 3.4m AND DECREASING...........

Around the Network

reviniente said:

1. Random, for the unfocused. The PS3 is not overtaking the X360, it is merely reducing the gap at the moment. A gap that will widen considerably come November and beyond.

2. BTW, anybody knows why the X360 had an increase of 114% in Japan? I know it's Golden Week, but nobody else had a similar push, specially considering no exclusives came out for the X360. I've also been monitoring sales at Amazon Japan and the Xbox Live 3500 Points Card has been on that hourly updated bestselling list, second overall, for three straight weeks! The X360 never gets second on anything. What gives?

1. I guess that's not true... check October to December sales in 2010 (360 Slim, Kinect, etc).

PS3: 6,550,883
360: 7,047,842

PS3 already outsold 360 by more than 500k in Jan to Mar puting the gap down again... by the end of year PS3 will outsell 360 over 2 million again.

2. 360 sells nothing in Japan... less than 2k... so anything sold in Golden Week helps to make a huge percente increasing... so a little more than 4k is 110%.

XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

*sniff *sniff

true...

*sniff

Last time I checked 360 crowd was on uproar about kinect and 360slim widening the GAP again last year how did that turn out? ohh righ 3.4m AND DECREASING...........

Proof, no. My flux capacitor is on empty, so I can't travel to and from the future, but I do have the benefit of insight.

The PS3, as you can see from this elegant and colorful table, is absolutely flat for this week when compared on a YoY basis;  not so for the X360. A similar performance pattern has being seen from both throughout the year. The X360 is doing, percentage-wise, a little better than the PS3, without that exhalted parade of never-ending exclusives that SON¥ keeps churning out. Just like this year, last year the X360 faced and enormous YoY lead by the PS3 that seemed too steep to surmount. Until Black Friday rolled along and all that hard earned elbow distance the PS3 had accumulated almost shrunk within the space of two months to a mere 0.5 mil, YoY.

Blame it the Slim, Kinect, Halo 3, Fable III, Al-Qaida, whatever, but the shrinking gap, swelled again. I believe this years E3 will give us substantial surprises, as M$ said to 'keep momentum' going into the Holidays. And the Holidays do what the Holidays do, which is to substantially increase the installed base for both Wii and X360 and, yes, to a lesser extent, the PS3, thus swelling considerably said closing gap, yet again.

In short, by May 2012 we will be discussing how yet another large PS3 sales lead is insurmountable and how 2012 will finally be known as the year when PS3 overtook the X360. And then do it all over again in 2013. I hope that wasn't too random for your tiny little mind. Cheerios! 

reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
reviniente said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:

*sniff *sniff

true...

*sniff

Proof, no. My flux capacitor is on empty, so I can't travel to and from the future, but I do have the benefit of insight.

The PS3, as you can see from this elegant and colorful table, is absolutely flat for this week when compared on a YoY basis;  not so for the X360. A similar performance pattern has being seen from both throughout the year. The X360 is doing, percentage-wise, a little better than the PS3, without that exhalted parade of never-ending exclusives that SON¥ keeps churning out. Just like this year, last year the X360 faced and enormous YoY lead by the PS3 that seemed too steep to surmount. Until Black Friday rolled along and all that hard earned elbow distance the PS3 had accumulated almost shrunk within the space of two months to a mere 0.5 mil, YoY.

Blame it the Slim, Kinect, Halo 3, Fable III, Al-Qaida, whatever, but the shrinking gap, swelled again. I believe this years E3 will give us substantial surprises, as M$ said to 'keep momentum' going into the Holidays. And the Holidays do what the Holidays do, which is to substantially increase the installed base for both Wii and X360 and, yes, to a lesser extent, the PS3, thus swelling considerably said closing gap, yet again.

In short, by May 2012 we will be discussing how yet another large PS3 sales lead is insurmountable and how 2012 will finally be known as the year when PS3 overtook the X360. And then do it all over again in 2013. I hope that wasn't too random for your tiny little mind. Cheerios! 

So you don't have proof? all you gave me is a bunch of YOY performance which has nothing to do with how consoles will preform this comming november.

First of all 360 is up YOY because last year same time frame it was doing crap but now its riding the 360slim effect and kinect while ps3 is flat this year(which is remarkable considering 2 years has passed since ps3slim and price cut) because it was riding the ps3 slim and price cut effect from 2009  last year(2010) which is why it was doing higher numbers from the year it didn't have slim and price cut(kinda like what 360 is doing now).

Now for the underlined part, GTFO with that bullshit your saying holidays benifit 360 a lot but only has mild effect on ps3? ohh yeh just like how the GAP went from 8m down to 4m because in holiday 2009 where ps3 outsold the 360 by a lot? kindly explain this to me and stop making bullshits.

funny cause despite ps3 being FLAT(again outstanding considering 2 years has passed since price cut and slim) its still outselling the 360 which just had slim and kinect.

FINALLY

Console Yearly (change) Total
DS 21,328,523 (-25%) 143,539,141
Wii 18,069,185 (-16%) 83,184,107
PS3 14,450,859 ( 11%) 46,353,186
X360 13,606,638 ( 34%) 50,388,641
PSP 9,365,170 (-10%) 65,453,535
PS2 4,591,780 (-24%) 141,942,000

TOTAL console sold for 2010 ps3 still outsold 360 despite kinect and 360slim release....so much for your "holiday = 360 widening the GAP" theory...

ethomaz said:

reviniente said:

1. Random, for the unfocused. The PS3 is not overtaking the X360, it is merely reducing the gap at the moment. A gap that will widen considerably come November and beyond.

2. BTW, anybody knows why the X360 had an increase of 114% in Japan? I know it's Golden Week, but nobody else had a similar push, specially considering no exclusives came out for the X360. I've also been monitoring sales at Amazon Japan and the Xbox Live 3500 Points Card has been on that hourly updated bestselling list, second overall, for three straight weeks! The X360 never gets second on anything. What gives?

1. I guess that's not true... check October to December sales in 2010 (360 Slim, Kinect, etc).

PS3: 6,550,883
360: 7,047,842

PS3 already outsold 360 by more than 500k in Jan to Mar puting the gap down again... by the end of year PS3 will outsell 360 over 2 million again.

2. 360 sells nothing in Japan... less than 2k... so anything sold in Golden Week helps to make a huge percente increasing... so a little more than 4k is 110%.

On your first point, what I state is that the expansion or reduction of said gap is not constant but cyclical: yes, it will shrink during the first semester and slow down during the 3rd quarter although it continues to get smaller, but then, come November, the Holidays' sales explode, albeit not proportionally for every console (usually Ninty gets the lion's share), and the gap widens again. You're assuming the PS3 will continue to lead the weekly sales indefinitely. That is unrealistic, specially in the Americas, X360 mega-market.

On your second point, you are confusing total figures with percentages. Yes, PS3 still outsold X360 5.81 to 1. Yet last week it did it by 9.99 to 1, while selling less units. As you well mention, 'anything sold in Golden Week helps to make a huge percente increasing', yet the percentage increase for PS3 wasn't nearly as massive. And what about my bit about Amazon. Hmm... I still believe something's afoot in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Also, don't downplay 2,000 extra X360 sold. X360 owners are people, too!

reviniente said:

On your first point, what I state is that the expansion or reduction of said gap is not constant but cyclical: yes, it will shrink during the first semester and slow down during the 3rd quarter although it continues to get smaller, but then, come November, the Holidays' sales explode, albeit not proportionally for every console (usually Ninty gets the lion's share), and the gap widens again. You're assuming the PS3 will continue to lead the weekly sales indefinitely. That is unrealistic, specially in the Americas, X360 mega-market.

On your second point, you are confusing total figures with percentages. Yes, PS3 still outsold X360 5.81 to 1. Yet last week it did it by 9.99 to 1, while selling less units. As you well mention, 'anything sold in Golden Week helps to make a huge percente increasing', yet the percentage increase for PS3 wasn't nearly as massive. And what about my bit about Amazon. Hmm... I still believe something's afoot in the Land of the Rising Sun.

Also, don't downplay 2,000 extra X360 sold. X360 owners are people, too!

I can't understand what you talking about...

360 (with price cut and Kinect effect) lead Q4 2010 by 500k
PS3 (no price cute no effect) lead Q1/Q2/Q3 2010 by 2,000k

So 360PS3 GAP was... wait I need to think about... some more time... oh yeah DECREASING.

When the GAP widens?

2005? Yes, 1.17m/1.17m (no PS3)
2006? Yes, 5,48m/6.65m (PS3 in US/JP just in November)
2007? Yes, 0.15m/6,80m (PS3 in Europe just in April)
2008? Yes, 0.97m/7.77m
2009? No, -2.88m/4.89m (PS3 Slim and price cut)
2010? No, -0.84m/4.05m (360 Slim and Kinect)
2011? No, -0.62m/3.43m

So what a hell you talking about... the Holidays didn't change anything (PS3 in Q1 already outsold 360 more than 360 outsold PS3 in holidays)... PS3 continue outselling 360 since 2009... after all the only year 360 sold more than PS3 was 2008 because before that PS3 was not in all markets.

Now the percent thing. In three days of Golden Week...

PS3 sold 5,003 units more or 27%
360 sold 2,210 units more or 118%

The percentage says nothing... I have 1 unit and sold more 4 = 400%... I have 100 units and sold more 50 = 50%. Of course, the console that selling nothing have HUGE percent increase... the console that already selling good not.