By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation 3.....50 million SOLD! Party Time!

gongratz sony  now pump out those japanese only games in eu and usa

Around the Network
deskpro2k3 said:
siavm said:

Until PSN is back on the only thing I am celebrating is the death of Osama bin laden. And that is what normal people should be celebrating, not third place or dead last if you count the handhelds. I like my ps3, it has some great games on it but the whole no online thing right now it crap. 

It looks more like Capt. Picard and Riker are distressed over hearing the news of the death of known islamic fundamentalist and founder of the Al-Qaeda terrorist network Osama bin Laden. Really upsetting stuff.

CGI-Quality said:
Hephaestos said:

I actually came thinking I might make a punt on how that number is half of an other one recently released ^^, but you guys are putting such great picture that I'd rather not polute.

How to lose a load of money? have your hardware sold at a loss being used like this :

Not sure what the point of this was...

Actually, I don't know what the point of that is?

CGI-Quality said:
Kasz216 said:
CGI-Quality said:
DaColdFlash said:
CGI-Quality said:
cura said:

It's a great milestone for Sony...but I'm not exactly jumping for joy. 

This thread is a bit crass to me. 

How so?

because there will always be pessimistic people :P

Guess so, or maybe he doesn't like the stipulations.

Curse me for wanting a completely peaceful topic!

It is exremely obnoxius to try and limit conduct to only positiveness in threads.

I always lose a little respect for people when they do attempt it.  It always just feels like people can't accept anything negative that might even be the truth and would rather live in a fake world and not look at things objectivly.

Fair enough. I have no problem with people who don't agree, just don't ruin the topic in the process. Mentioning something negative is one thing, that's cool if things can proceed without any trouble and it's not generally as strict as the OP suggests. Making a case out of it (which 9-times-out-of-ten-10 derails the topic), or deliberately taking the topic in another direction is annoying and done to death.

Edit: So in short, I don't mind a healthy conversation, be it negative news or positive news. I just know that all it takes is one antagonizing comment to overthrow the thread and I'd personally like it to be civil.

Nobody is ruining the topic, CGI. We're still partying, we're still in a celebratory mood (though some of us had to crash the party) and we're posting goodies left and right! No need to go all Gestapo on the guests. Relax, baby! Have fun.

Carl2291 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I did read it. I was responding to the post calling it a "success."

In my opinion... its just hanging in there.

Thankfully, your opinion doesn't mean shit

Making money and outselling the competition for the Year.

Yeah. Just hanging in there alright.

Assemble the fanboys!

Around the Network
reviniente said:
CGI-Quality said:
Hephaestos said:

I actually came thinking I might make a punt on how that number is half of an other one recently released ^^, but you guys are putting such great picture that I'd rather not polute.

How to lose a load of money? have your hardware sold at a loss being used like this :

The US military bought truckloads of PS3s for processing information. Which meant that these units will never make returns for Sony through software or peripherals.

Fufinu said:
reviniente said:
CGI-Quality said:
Hephaestos said:

The US military bought truckloads of PS3s for processing information. Which meant that these units will never make returns for Sony through software or peripherals.

Bummer! Kinda ruins your tie-ratio.

reviniente said:
Fufinu said:
reviniente said:
CGI-Quality said:
Hephaestos said:

Yep exactly - must be a US military conspiracy against Japan.

Congrats!!!

May it sell the next 50 million in a shorter timeframe :)

reviniente said:
Fufinu said:
reviniente said:
CGI-Quality said:
Hephaestos said:

Really it's sad.  I bet they'd sell a lot more Ps3's now if Otheos was still in...

Economic downturn and all you can gurantee a lot of researchers are cutting back.  All the college budget cuts going around the country... I bet PS3 could make a killing.

Then we'd have people argueing "This many PS3's don't count because they weren't bought for gaming!"

Like the "Disregard 1/3rd of Wii Sports sales."

Eh, then again... maybe that it's a good thing that DIDN'T happen.  Would be reptitive.  Plus IBM would be mighty pissed.