By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Battlefield 3 Sees Pre-Orders Up 700% vs. Battlefield Bad Company 2

Industrygamers

Battlefield 3 is one of EA's key titles this year. EA CEO John Riccitiello has even said it's "designed" to "take down" Activision's Call of Duty and will likely have upwards of $100 million in marketing dollars thrown against it. EA's very serious about taking back the shooter category, and today the publisher shared the encouraging news that pre-orders for Battlefield 3 are way up. 

EA said that pre-orders for Battlefield 3 so far are up 700% when compared to the pre-orders thatBattlefield: Bad Company 2 saw in 2010.

That said, Cowen and Company analyst Doug Creutz recently predicted that Activision's new Call of Duty will sell 25 million copies within its first year, and he thinks that EA's Battlefield 3 will sell about 10 million. For comparison, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 sold-in (shipped) over seven million units so far.

http://www.industrygamers.com/news/battlefield-3-sees-pre-orders-up-700-vs-battlefield-bad-company-2/

Around the Network

Great for EA. Lets hope that this game lives up to its expections which is being better than COD (MW3).

MW2 below.   :)

10m is easily possible for BF3

I say more, Activison knows that they have to screw up there fanchise at one point and i have been calling it for an while now that they will screw up MW3 or at least the title after that. 

BF3 will get alot of PC sales, But again the game will most likely be priated between the 5-10 million mark. But 10 million is an solid number to go after, but predicting that call of duty will still sell 25 million even tho BF3 is design to take it down would think that CODs numbers will decline to 15 million not rise to 25. 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Well that is pretty promising for battlefield 3!

Around the Network

i hope game will deliver for me although i dont PO i will defiantly check it out

just the release time will help it do better than the BC games dont want to see it get delayed or something

Play Me

Barozi said:

10m is easily possible for BF3

eh, if they casualify it as I fear they did, it wont.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

i know i am definately going to buy the game.

This game has been on my radar for awhile. Does anyone know if it supports 4 way split screen on xbox?

$100 million in marketing?  How the hell is BF3 ever going to make that money back?  That doesn't game developments costs. 

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D