By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which is better Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto IV?

Which is better Red Dead Redemption or Grand Theft Auto IV?

Red Dead Redemption 121 75.16%

Grand Theft Auto IV 40 24.84%

Total:161

I can't say to much because I'm only about 10 hours in RDR. There both good but I might be leaning towards RDR right now over Grand Theft Auto IV.

Around the Network

GTA IV by a mile. I feel bad paying the $15 for RDR :( 

Sig thanks to Saber! :D 

I liked RDR much more. Grand Theft games seem like they have a lot of filler missions. RDR seemd just the right length for me and I enjoyed the setting and story.

There are so many side missions and stuff that RDR is sick.

Also, GTA you get basically what we see almost every day... with RDR its really like a step back in time to get a taste of the wild wild west.

Red Dead Redemption. That's not really saying a lot though, as neither is that good. It has laughably pointless side content as a means to extend the game (go collect these plants!) and half the story is complete filler. It's pretty good, nothing more, nothing less. It actually tells you more about how crappy I think GTA IV is though.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

Around the Network

Red Dead Redemption for me even though I think it could have been much more than it was. There's a lot of lost potential in that game but the sheer scale makes up for it.

GTAIV is a great game but something was missing to make it as good as previous GTA.

Red Dead Redemption

It's better in so many ways. IV was a miserable excuse of a GTA game and was an average game at best. RDR was stunning throughout, had far fewer flaws than GTA IV and was actually enjoyable to play. IV was a horrid mess.

Except for not having Brucie Kibbutz, RDR is superior in every single way.

Just for its setting, RDR.

But then you need to keep in mind that John Marston is an awesome character. He's story made me shade a tear... twice...

Its soundtrack, the NPC, the overall missions were much better too.

How was the undead/nighmare dlc for RDR i haven't tried it out yet