By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SoE hacked and is out for the count

fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

@Rath

....um just this week - gsmarena ( dot ) com/android_location_tracking_troubles_sound_familiar-news-2586.php

apparently certain iphone and android apps leak personal info like location of the user... if you want more examples im quite sure and i can find many more from this year alone... btw 10 mil? i thought it was 77 mil? that number is shrinking fast lol... quite funny how people are so easily influenced by sensationalisation from  the press

Are you mixing up the figures? 77m PSN users were affected by the first hack, 12 million affected by the second SOE hack.

effected is a little storng not to mention inaccurate, I'd bet atleast 10 mil of those 77mil didn't use their real information atleast not all their real info and most people probably didn't even get a phising scam, which the vast majority who did probably just sherreded it along with their junk mail so yeah effected is way too strong 

You....bet

Funny, before you were trying to hold me to account, no matter how much proof I was showing at Sony's carelessness, yet the proof of your argument is "I'd bet". So, do we have any proof here? Or am I the only one who has to back up his claims.

What proof do we have of nothing happening? Well I suppose the nothing happening proves that.

Around the Network
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

@Rath

....um just this week - gsmarena ( dot ) com/android_location_tracking_troubles_sound_familiar-news-2586.php

apparently certain iphone and android apps leak personal info like location of the user... if you want more examples im quite sure and i can find many more from this year alone... btw 10 mil? i thought it was 77 mil? that number is shrinking fast lol... quite funny how people are so easily influenced by sensationalisation from  the press

Are you mixing up the figures? 77m PSN users were affected by the first hack, 12 million affected by the second SOE hack.

effected is a little storng not to mention inaccurate, I'd bet atleast 10 mil of those 77mil didn't use their real information atleast not all their real info and most people probably didn't even get a phising scam, which the vast majority who did probably just sherreded it along with their junk mail so yeah effected is way too strong 

You....bet

Funny, before you were trying to hold me to account, no matter how much proof I was showing at Sony's carelessness, yet the proof of your argument is "I'd bet". So, do we have any proof here? Or am I the only one who has to back up his claims.

What proof do we have of nothing happening? Well I suppose the nothing happening proves that.

Every article states otherwise. Sony's blog states otherwise. So, Do you think that Sony are deliberately making themselves look worse?

fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

@Rath

You....bet

Every article states otherwise. Sony's blog states otherwise. So, Do you think that Sony are deliberately making themselves look worse?

So where are the hordes of people with their identities stolen and CC being used by some hacker? 

o_O.Q said:

@Rath

edit: rath i swear this will be the funniset thing ever if you own either an android phone or iphone

Actually you're completely wrong on the Apple and Android thing. They recorded the location of the user , which if somebody physically stole your phone they could then get. It's still a massive privacy issue, but for different reasons. There was no leak of data, no person came into possesion of many users personal data.

Also the numbers as far as I remember were;

77 million accounts personal information leaked in the first hack

12 million acounts personal information leaked in the second hack.

I think the 10 million number was the number of encrypted credit cards in the first hack?

There hasn't been sensationalism from the press really, those numbers have been given by Sony.

Rath said:
o_O.Q said:

@Rath

edit: rath i swear this will be the funniset thing ever if you own either an android phone or iphone

Actually you're completely wrong on the Apple and Android thing. They recorded the location of the user , which if somebody physically stole your phone they could then get. It's still a massive privacy issue, but for different reasons. There was no leak of data, no person came into possesion of many users personal data.

Also the numbers as far as I remember were;

77 million accounts personal information leaked in the first hack

12 million acounts personal information leaked in the second hack.

I think the 10 million number was the number of encrypted credit cards in the first hack?

There hasn't been sensationalism from the press really, those numbers have been given by Sony.

Where is the 10 million credit card thing, I remember readinging like 10 thou credit cards stolen in the second one 

Around the Network
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

@Rath

You....bet

So where are the hordes of people with their identities stolen and CC being used by some hacker? 

Because your twisted logic dictates that no identity theft implies nothing has been stolen, correct?

Do you even realise how it works? Firstly, not many hackers use that information themselves, rather they sell it on the black market. Identities are pieced together from different sources and used sparingly. They don't go to one place and attempt to claim themselves to be 77 million people.

Sony even admitted that a breach was made, and that a user had access to sensitive data. By your claim, that is still "nothing happened". Ignorance is bliss, right?

fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

@Rath

You....bet

Because your twisted logic dictates that no identity theft implies nothing has been stolen, correct?

Do you even realise how it works? Firstly, not many hackers use that information themselves, rather they sell it on the black market. Identities are pieced together from different sources and used sparingly. They don't go to one place and attempt to claim themselves to be 77 million people.

Sony even admitted that a breach was made, and that a user had access to sensitive data. By your claim, that is still "nothing happened". Ignorance is bliss, right?

Looking on facebook would be less trouble if they are only going to use a handful

the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
the_wizard_man said:
fordy said:
o_O.Q said:

@Rath

You....bet

Looking on facebook would be less trouble if they are only going to use a handful

What about the people who don't use facebook for that very reason?

People CHOOSE to release info on facebook. Sony shouldn't have that choice for them.

fordy said:
What about the people who don't use facebook for that very reason?

People CHOOSE to release info on facebook. Sony shouldn't have that choice for them.

So are you suggesting someone hacked Sony to get a single specific persons info thats riddicules 

@rath

true but thats simply one example my point was only that leaks like this are not rare