By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Conduit 2, WTH.....Sega!?

Linkasf said:

Look, The conduit was not that good. Just like Red Steel, the name and image of it wasn't good after the first one was released and making a sequel to it would be a horrible idea, which is what Ubi soft ended up doing and resulting in crappy sales because of the reception of the first game. In the Conduit 2s case, it is similar the way I see it. High Voltage should have made a completely different game that is NOT Conduit. People know that the first one wasnt that good and would imagine that the 2nd one is just as bad. HVS should seriously think, the Conduit brand just isnt strong at all and wasn't built well to begin with. Using a weak brand twice in a row is asking for bad sales.

The way I see it, if HVS wanted to create a stronger brand out of the conduit, they should have waited till the next batch of consoles and really change the game from the ground up.

RS2 wouldn't have caught on anyway. I have the game, and it's decent, but not a classic.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

Conduit 2 was sent to die, it's clear that Sega had no confidence in the franchise, which is a darn shame. The single player is short but sweet, the graphics are good for Wii, there's plenty of secrets, acheivements, weapons, perks and accolades, the invasion mode is good fun, and the online multiplayer is top notch. 

It may be far from perfect, but it's far better than the original. It's a shame Sega had no faith in the franchise.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Cheebee said:

I honestly do not understand why Nintendo themelves didn't publish this. They need more games like this and should be glad companies like HVS are out there willing to support their console with quality content, especially now. On that note, imo HVS would make a terrific 2nd party developer for Nintendo.

HVS improved itself, but it's still not on a Nintendo level of quality.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I'm guessing the problem is more likely to be a lack of confidence on the part of the retailers, not the publishers. Plenty of games have failed to get wide distribution because the retailers have decided nobody wants to buy. Can't sell what isn't on the shelf.

The sooner game consoles make the transition to full digital distribution, the sooner the consumer gets to decide how well a title sells, rather than retailers and publishers.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

After seeing this Classic Game Room review of Conduit 2, I don't see why it would be thought of as anything worth one's time, unless you are a fan of the first, or REALLY in need of an FPS and don't own a PS3 or 360:

I say this, because Classic Game Room is usually very kind to games it reviews, and usually looks to leave everything in a positive light.

And checking further, it bears out also in Gamerankings (around 70 overall):

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/991817-conduit-2/index.html

And also Metacritic (68 by critics, low 70s by readers):

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/conduit-2

In short, it looks like a forgettable title, which is why Sega isn't promoting it.  Release it in the market and hope it makes the money back, believing that it really doesn't offer much to the FPS market, outside of people who only have Wii titles.

Around the Network

Yep, eveything looks like it was just sent to die, I know the game is going to keep selling for sometime but still, no ads at all, no even on gaming websites, I wasnt really sure of when was the release date but until a few weeks ago! (I visit gaming sites everyday, so go figure about people who doesnt...) so is likely that many people dont even know that the game was out, and on top of that the shipment seems ridiculos... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

richardhutnik said:

After seeing this Classic Game Room review of Conduit 2, I don't see why it would be thought of as anything worth one's time, unless you are a fan of the first, or REALLY in need of an FPS and don't own a PS3 or 360:

I say this, because Classic Game Room is usually very kind to games it reviews, and usually looks to leave everything in a positive light.

And checking further, it bears out also in Gamerankings (around 70 overall):

http://www.gamerankings.com/wii/991817-conduit-2/index.html

And also Metacritic (68 by critics, low 70s by readers):

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/conduit-2

In short, it looks like a forgettable title, which is why Sega isn't promoting it.  Release it in the market and hope it makes the money back, believing that it really doesn't offer much to the FPS market, outside of people who only have Wii titles.

I think that review is a bit harsh. Sure, it's not the best game, but it's better than most reviewers are giving it credit for...

Maybe coming off Portal 2 was a mistake?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Let's remember Sega picked up The Conduit at a time when their research suggested there was an underserved adult male audenience on Wii.    They also picked up Madworld and produced HoTD:Overkill.

None of those met expectations and Sega decided the adult market on Wii was in fact dying faster than they'd hoped.

However HVS managed to get Sega to agree to a two game contract meaning Sega had to finance Conduit 2.   I give Sega credit.  They had fulfilled their obligations, (surpassed it even they published Tournaments of Legends too) despite having given up on this market segment over a year ago.  

Since The Conduit much higher profile FPS have failed to met expectations: Red Steel 2 and Goldeneye  (although Goldeneye has done well, not as well at Activision initially claimed it would)

So it's obvious Sega has no faith in Conduit 2.  They are doing what they are obligated to do and see no point in throwing good money (for advertisments) after bad (signing a 2 game contract with a nobody developer like HVS).

Personally I'm glad Conduit 2 is out.  I have it and am enjoying it so far, but to be honest, it hasn't exactly 'wowed' me. 

Be grateful it's out.   Not all the advertising in the world would have made it a sales success. Sad but true.

"I'm playing the game with Classic Controller Pro"...

Well, he could have said that in the beginning and I'd save my time watching his review. Who plays an FPS on Wii using anything but the Wiimote? I would tell you who but I don't wanna get banned for language.

Okay - an idiot, that's who.

If you want to play/exchange stuff online with me, just send me a message

PAL Region, country set to UK [Wii] 8714 6838 0977 5469

COD W@W FC: 2966 5176 6725
COD MW [Reflex] FC: 3568 2083 1513
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Cobra ID: TJCXVR
Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 FC: 5199 8914 0552
SSB Brawl FC: 4641 1109 2262
GoldenEye 007 FC: 0136 4916 1439
Trackmania FC: 0905 1720 9842
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom UAS FC: 1850 4714 0865

[3DS] 1246 - 8738 - 3987

What do you want from a game that has about no advertisement, compare this to Just Dance ad compaign. Yeah this game didn't get the advertisment other titles get, therefore the mass consumer is not aware of this low profile game. Simple explanation, end point!