By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The unOfficial 'I don't care Sony was hacked' thread

Dr.Grass said:
Kasz216 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Kasz216 said:

People are saying 20 billion, because each case of identity theft like what happens in having their paswords and names copied costs an average of $318... and Sony is probably on the hook for that.

Of course the average of $318 is more of a, hit one person for thousands and thousands while most skirt free... but you get the point.

Peoples bank accounts and such are at risk despite CC info not being taken because of the propensity at which most people repeat passwords.

77 Million X 318 = 23 Billion.

Then you throw in a few million here and there fore rebuilding the market, lost buisness, legal fees, dealing with all the government inquries, stuff like that.

Most of the above costs though would be down the line.  The lawsuits started now are silly since I THINK you need to demonstrate harm. 

While I don't care personally, it's a very big deal for Sony... and a very interesting story.

AHEM

This is the ''I don't care...'' thread.

:P

You can not care and be accurate.

If this was the downplaying the Sony being hacked case thread you'd have a point.  To call someone looney based on security analysts predictions isn't not caring.  It's just... kinda ignorant... I was pointing out what the figure came from.

I don't care about Hockey... but if someone talked about how stupid a game it was because there were too many homeruns and everyone was using steroids... i'd feel the need to point out they were talking about baseball.

I just slayed the first boss in Shrine of Storms, so I'm going to go and play some more demon's souls and not really reply since you have a point right there and I admit the grammar of my thread leaves a lot to be desired.

*hmmm how should I spend my 30 000 souls now*

But I seriously doubt that the figure will be anywhere nere what some 'experts' are saying.

It's probable, however to say people are insane for using an actual expert quoted figure is just.. silly.  I mean, they are experts afterall, who know more then you or I.

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Kasz216 said:
Dr.Grass said:
Kasz216 said:

People are saying 20 billion, because each case of identity theft like what happens in having their paswords and names copied costs an average of $318... and Sony is probably on the hook for that.

Of course the average of $318 is more of a, hit one person for thousands and thousands while most skirt free... but you get the point.

Peoples bank accounts and such are at risk despite CC info not being taken because of the propensity at which most people repeat passwords.

77 Million X 318 = 23 Billion.

Then you throw in a few million here and there fore rebuilding the market, lost buisness, legal fees, dealing with all the government inquries, stuff like that.

Most of the above costs though would be down the line.  The lawsuits started now are silly since I THINK you need to demonstrate harm. 

While I don't care personally, it's a very big deal for Sony... and a very interesting story.

AHEM

This is the ''I don't care...'' thread.

:P

You can not care and be accurate.

If this was the downplaying the Sony being hacked case thread you'd have a point.  To call someone looney based on security analysts predictions isn't not caring.  It's just... kinda ignorant... I was pointing out what the figure came from.

I don't care about Hockey... but if someone talked about how stupid a game it was because there were too many homeruns and everyone was using steroids... i'd feel the need to point out they were talking about baseball.

I just slayed the first boss in Shrine of Storms, so I'm going to go and play some more demon's souls and not really reply since you have a point right there and I admit the grammar of my thread leaves a lot to be desired.

*hmmm how should I spend my 30 000 souls now*

But I seriously doubt that the figure will be anywhere nere what some 'experts' are saying.

It's probable, however to say people are insane for using an actual expert quoted figure is just.. silly.  I mean, they are experts afterall, who know more then you or I.

That is sometimes doubtful tbh.

Dr.Grass said:

That is sometimes doubtful tbh.

True, but he is pointing out why it is expected at this point. The 23 billion number is not something to really watch, but it should be taken seriously. It represents close to the absolute worst case scenarioin terms of direct financial loss. In a different thread I would elaborate on my thoughts, but for here I will just stick to basic facts for now.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

this is the problem with people, Theres a chance that your info might be givin out yet you dont care!!!

Do you even realize how severe this is?

evolution_1ne said:

*sigh*

there's not even 50 million ps3's sold in the whole damn world...... 23 billion????? how retarded are human beings,  really, how fucking..... seriously fucking retarded are people. Sony is gonna half to pay over 20 million people that don't exist......... this is mind blowing, and what's worse is that people are still talking in complete absolute about info being stole even though there has been no evidence of it but was mentioned at a simple precaution. All the analyst who came up with that shit should be fired for being retarded and everyone who took the shit seriously should slap themselves for believing something so VERY fucking retarded

How is the number of PS3's in the world remotely relevant? The cost analysis was done based on number of accounts that have been compromised. There certainly is a correlation between PS3 sales and PSN numbers, but you can get a PSN account with no Sony hardware if I recall corectly (using PC). Also, personal info was stolen for sure. CC info unlikely, but technically possible. Just thought I would clarify since you seem to hate mis-information being spread so much.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
evolution_1ne said:

*sigh*

there's not even 50 million ps3's sold in the whole damn world...... 23 billion????? how retarded are human beings,  really, how fucking..... seriously fucking retarded are people. Sony is gonna half to pay over 20 million people that don't exist......... this is mind blowing, and what's worse is that people are still talking in complete absolute about info being stole even though there has been no evidence of it but was mentioned at a simple precaution. All the analyst who came up with that shit should be fired for being retarded and everyone who took the shit seriously should slap themselves for believing something so VERY fucking retarded

How is the number of PS3's in the world remotely relevant? The cost analysis was done based on number of accounts that have been compromised. There certainly is a correlation between PS3 sales and PSN numbers, but you can get a PSN account with no Sony hardware if I recall corectly (using PC). Also, personal info was stolen for sure. CC info unlikely, but technically possible. Just thought I would clarify since you seem to hate mis-information being spread so much.

so you believe there are 77 million unique users??? fucking FACEPALM!!!!!

that this fucking bullshit is actually getting to people is the worst part of it all, common fucking people use it

you can't even use ps store without owning Sony hardware....sigh

that 23 billion is complete bullshit form a clearly dumbass analysis who don't have a fucking clue as to what he's talking about. Sites run the story to get hits and fanboys post threads to spread FUD and idiots believe the shit, and that's ALL that's been happening here.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
evolution_1ne said:
Gnizmo said:
evolution_1ne said:

*sigh*

that this fucking bullshit is actually getting to people is the worst part of it all, common fucking people use it

that 23 billion is complete bullshit form a clearly dumbass analysis who don't have a fucking clue as to what he's talking about. Sites run the story to get hits and fanboys post threads to spread FUD and idiots believe the shit, and that's ALL that's been happening here.

people derail this thread, i don´t care psn was hacked so i have to say this , nice ass on your sign !!!

AHEM

Yeah so I'm totally amped for God of War Online. Who's with me?

Dr.Grass said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

people derail this thread, i don´t care psn was hacked so i have to say this , nice ass on your sign !!!

AHEM

Yeah so I'm totally amped for God of War Online. Who's with me?

O_o when dafuck was that announced

Btw do you guys realize how close E3 is? 0_0 I think THAT should get our attention a good deal by now

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

evolution_1ne said:
Gnizmo said:
evolution_1ne said:

*sigh*

Yeah that is a nice ass on the sig :D