By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I think that the cause of the low sales of 3DS is that, Nintendo always develop its consoles to attract the casual market, but right now what is doing that is the Iphone, the Ipad and the Android smart phones, and even the DS lol.   The games on those devices are WAY MORE and also cheaper.   I think it is bad for Nintendo that people always see the company as a Casual/family friendy company.

Well, lets hope that Microsoft and Sony stop this "casual madness" of apple XD.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:

It is only me, or also other people think that the fall of the wii (and maybe of all nintendo) is at hand?? The Wii is selling like crap and the 3DS is selling less than the DS.  Even in Europe the PSP sold better lol XD

Nintendo isn't going to fall as a company.  What they won't have is two systems having record sales in the same years anytime soon.  Now granted, the 3DS could end up like the DS with a slow start, and the Wii successor might rocket out of the gate, but that seems farfetched.  Nintendo will still be fine without that.

expected more Socom sales cause of the pre-order numbers...lol...

God Of War 3 is fighting its way to 2.5 million...

Lol and what were the " new " socom fans saying?, " oh if confrontation can do a million online only, then socom 4 can easily do it with single player, co-op and multiplayer packaged into one ", Wat they fail to realize is that it took confrontation 2-3 years with a price cut to hit a million. The excuse with confrontations low sales was because it was only online with no single player and co-op, but with s4 having all three it was easily going to outdue confrontation, and it didnt even do that. I wonder what the next excuse is to why it didnt open up big, Especially in americas. Then you had the new fans were like " oh cant wait for the reviews, itll score high on the metacritic with good reviews and sale really good ", then when it got hit hard from the reviews and sales were low then all of a sudden their goals changes and its like " oh i dont need a review to tell me how the game is, the game is fun ", dam people stop changing your goal post and accept the fact the game was lower than expected, both in sales and reviews.

the 3ds needs games, games and games... the price could be stoping some people to buy it, so all they need is more games to finally attract them... 

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
menx64 said:

the 3ds needs games, games and games... the price could be stoping some people to buy it, so all they need is more games to finally attract them... 

True, but let's also remember that DS fell at 30k after its first xmas (we can't have a fair comparison since DS was launched during the holiday season), 3DS could stabilize at 40k before the games arrive.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

PS3 could be over or undertracked, we won't find out till May 25th!!

If they shipped up to 50:01, that leaves 650k on shelves, which is low for PS3, but if it shipped up to 50:07 (the 2.8 they were aiming for) it's probably undertracked about 250k plus.

Wii is defo overtracked still though (In Americas anyway) .... we have 50k on shelves across Americas between shipped/sold ... that's the sort of stock levels of a discontinued system 1 year on ...

Seece said:

PS3 could be over or undertracked, we won't find out till May 25th!!

If they shipped up to 50:01, that leaves 650k on shelves, which is low for PS3, but if it shipped up to 50:07 (the 2.8 they were aiming for) it's probably undertracked about 250k plus.

Wii is defo overtracked still though (In Americas anyway) .... we have 50k on shelves across Americas between shipped/sold ... that's the sort of stock levels of a discontinued system 1 year on ...

sounds about right

So mortal kombat boosted more hardware for xbox than ps3?

3DS Friend Code:   4596-9822-6909

Christian973 said:

So mortal kombat boosted more hardware for xbox than ps3?

Lots of deal on for Xbox/Kinect atm.