By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
italo244 said:
kitler53 said:
italo244 said:
Chevinator123 said:

it will be interesting to see what ps3 does nextweek

whats up with next week?

the psn hack from this week shows in next weeks numbers

the numbers will naturally obviously drop, and you guys will say "PSN fault"?

Oh my...

i didn't mean to imply i shared chevinator's opinion -- i was just trying to answer your question.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:

Have the adjustments happened for America? I mean, surely, they should have...

And yeah, the sales in the graps are average Weekly sales.

i wouldn't sweat it.  vgc only claims to provide estimates and therefore is under no obligation to be accurate.  The important part is that other sources will release accurate numbers and eventually vgc's numbers will be adjusted to be somewhat reasonably close to reality ...

Only if xbox had a decen market in japan then they could win this week but they only sale 1000 consoles there a week so PS3 should win this week. Over all a nice rebound week for the home consoles. Probably will see the wii sales start to die down soon after Nintendo announced the succesor of the wii. 

GuiltySpartan77 said:

Only if xbox had a decen market in japan then they could win this week but they only sale 1000 consoles there a week so PS3 should win this week. Over all a nice rebound week for the home consoles. Probably will see the wii sales start to die down soon after Nintendo announced the succesor of the wii. 

I doubt they will die down that much will the coming price cut.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Conduit 2 looks like a flop.  Only 25k in Americans, about a 1/3 of the 1st game.  It is a complete bust in EMEAA

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them port this over to the 3DS soon to make up lost investment

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network
Reasonable said:

Poor Valve (leaving Sony aside for a moment) as the PSN debacle has somewhat soured Steam hitting (or rather failing to hit) PSN.  I'm curious to see how it feels but can't at the moment.

I see now.

Gabe Newell with his Steam hacked PSN

Zlejedi said:
Xenostar said:
Zlejedi said:

Wow VGC must be really desperate to make sure that 3DS won't be in last place WW to post PSP number like this afterwe saw this:

Not sure why you would think that, that chart shows that the PSP sold around 40k in march, if anything it looks like PSP should be adjusted down, i think possibly your mistaking that for a weekly sales graph when its clearly a monthly sales graph. 

If you took 5 seconds to look at 3DS number it should be pretty obvious that those are NPD monthly numbers divided by number of weeks in a given month.

Oh i see, i just saw the plotted points were only on the months, seems like a crap way to do a graph, especially with the months along the bottom, i see your points about the DS figures but your average person would not look at that graph and decide the total months figures needed to be averaged over the number of weeks.

Graphs are suppose to get information across quickly and easily not be a logic puzzle to try and guess the missing information needed to solve it, crap graph is crap.

Sorry Rant over :)

Gojimaster said:

Conduit 2 looks like a flop.  Only 25k in Americans, about a 1/3 of the 1st game.  It is a complete bust in EMEAA

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them port this over to the 3DS soon to make up lost investment

They already annouced Conduit for 3DS few months ago.

But not really suprising it flopped considering it's sequel of a core game that was released on Wii which isn't remake of legendary title from previous Nintendo consoles/Gamecube port and doesn't have any big recognizable franchise in the name.

@Xenostar - it's fucked up way to present graph for sure

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

AMERICAS ADJUSTMENTS

DS up 55,872
360 up 17,000
Wii down 95,491

Weird because 360 was on spot with NPD March and PS3 was UNDERTRACKED... and after all 360 is adjusted UP.

WW ADJUSTMENTS (PREVIEW)

3DS down 57770
PS3 up 234493
DS down 213458
X360 up 114381
Wii down 539179
PSP up 380215
PS2 up 8649

kitler53 said:
italo244 said:
kitler53 said:
italo244 said:
Chevinator123 said:

it will be interesting to see what ps3 does nextweek

whats up with next week?

the psn hack from this week shows in next weeks numbers

the numbers will naturally obviously drop, and you guys will say "PSN fault"?

Oh my...

i didn't mean to imply i shared chevinator's opinion -- i was just trying to answer your question.

I know. Sorry for the quote, bro. xD