By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - More Project Cafe Rumors – Games To Be Shown Off At E3

CGI-Quality said:
starcraft said:
CGI-Quality said:

Games in native 1080p? Can't say that I fully believe that yet, but it is new hardware so...

Also, some of those games sound too good to be true. Read Dead Redemption 2? GTA V? E3 can't come soon enough.

There was a time when Sony reckoned all the PS3's games would be in native 1080p.

I can believe it given the extra RAM in the console.

What negates belief in all of this for me is the FFXV rumour.

However on thing in all of this terrifies me.  If the Pokemon RPG is real, and is anything like the long-prayed-for console adaption of core-type games, I will be forced to purchase an otherwise unneccessary console.  Much like Oot on 3DS.

Nintendo hasn't said all their games will be in native 1080p and this is one of the only rumors claiming that, so my doubts remain. Also, I don't recall Sony saying all games would run in 1080p. Kutaragi was the only person who said anything, and it was that every game could run in 1080p, but not that they would.

We see now that wasn't the case, furthering my doubts here until a. Nintendo hints at it and b. They prove to have hardware that can sustain it.

Katarugi held a very senior post at Sony when he said that

You may be correct.  Ultimately it is all about trade-off.  Nonetheless if we accept (for a moment) that the specifications listed here are accurate, one would think that Cafe games could run at equivalent quality to the very best PS360 games but at native 1080p.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

On their own, nothing on the list would surprise me that much, but together it sounds like someone's wish list more than anything else. Many/most of the third party titles will probably be multi-platform, but I doubt they exist in a form that they are ready to be shown off 12 to 18 months before Nintendo's system launches when they (at best) wouldn't be released for 12 to 18 months after Nintendo's system launches.

tehsage said:

If this is true, I'll eat my own shoe.

You heard it here first, folks.

I will also perfom said cermony if this is true.

why would they put an SSD instead of a standard HDD? and i dont believe 90% of the third party list. but then again they mentioned pc and 360 ports were easy in that dodgy screenshot.

fps_d0minat0r said:

why would they put an SSD instead of a standard HDD? and i dont believe 90% of the third party list. but then again they mentioned pc and 360 ports were easy in that dodgy screenshot.

If this was true (not claiming that it is) I would expect that by SSD they mean a flash card (or multiple flash cards) built into the system. The reason for this is that flash is very small, energy efficient, reliable and inexpensive to manufacture which means that (while it might be as expensive as a hard-drive initially) adding 64GB or 128GB of disc space would cost very little by the middle of the generation.

Around the Network
milkyjoe said:

Ha, if that games list is true (which it most likely isn't) then I wouldn't need to buy anything other than this Nintendo console next gen.

I think this is what Nintendo is aiming for. Most people LOVE thier first party games. If they can also score most/all of the great 3rd party hits this system will be huge. I hope they pull this off.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

HappySqurriel said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

If this was true (not claiming that it is) I would expect that by SSD they mean a flash card (or multiple flash cards) built into the system. The reason for this is that flash is very small, energy efficient, reliable and inexpensive to manufacture which means that (while it might be as expensive as a hard-drive initially) adding 64GB or 128GB of disc space would cost very little by the middle of the generation.

a flash card?

i thought SSD was solid state drive....like a faster, stronger and much expensive version of HDD?

fps_d0minat0r said:
HappySqurriel said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

a flash card?

i thought SSD was solid state drive....like a faster, stronger and much expensive version of HDD?

And the shocking thing is... the Wii already has an SSD as its internal storage.
So the successor will have one as well.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

fps_d0minat0r said:
HappySqurriel said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

a flash card?

While, in pc equipment a solid state drive is a very specific item, it is actually a fairly generic term; and a flash drive can be considered a type of solid state drive. Hypothetically speaking, you could take multiple chips from inside of a flash card and mount them on a mother board to produce a very large and fast "hard-drive" if you wanted to; and if you're planning to sell tens of millions of systems and licence the technology entirely upfront (making the per-unit cost effectively the pure manufacturing cost) it could be quite inexpensive.

I dont care if its an SSD or some flash drives mounted on the board. As long as they can give us enough space to save games, download pataches, and download VC titels thats all we really need. If they add on another Flash drive for additional storage I have no issue with this either.

A while back I do remmebr reading a rumor that one of the developers said Nintendo did it right and will be able to meet all the storage issue they ever had. We will see what happens.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!