By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which games would you like to see re-made on 3DS?

In the gamrfeed section, there's an article stating that more games will be remade for the 3DS in the same way that Ocarina of Time is being remade for the new portable powerhouse.  Which games would you guy like to see redone for the console?

My personal pick is Wave Race 64.  I've been dying for a new Wave Race since this gen began.  I'm a sucker for arcade racing and water physics.  If they can port this game to the 3DS and give us some decent looking character models, I'd be in heaven.

Of course, it doesn't have to be just Nintendo games.  Since the recent trend is for third parties to adopt a "no loyalties" stance, pretty much any game that was exclusive to Sony, Sega, or any other platform can be adapted to the console.  What would you like to see?

Around the Network

I would rather new entries into series, but I would love a policenaughts remake.

EDIT: oh and inb4FinalFantasyVII

I vote no on remakes!!

Zelda:OOT is passable but anything else isnt!

I dont want to spend $200 for a 3DS only to have to play countless of full priced remakes of games I have already played, Enough is enough nintendo, I want new original games that take advantage of the system. If Nintendo goes this milking route I will never buy a nintendo console again. I HOPE OTHERS AGREE ALSO

Let me think....Banjo Kazooie, that´s a game I´d want.

Eternal Darkness.

Around the Network
Lyrikalstylez said:

I vote no on remakes!!

Zelda:OOT is passable but anything else isnt!

I dont want to spend $200 for a 3DS only to have to play countless of full priced remakes of games I have already played, Enough is enough nintendo, I want new original games that take advantage of the system. If Nintendo goes this milking route I will never buy a nintendo console again. I HOPE OTHERS AGREE ALSO

What gives you the impression Nintendo's doing that? They have two remakes in the pipeline as far as I can recall(Zelda and Star Fox), and a ton of original content(Steel Diver, Nintendogs and Cats, Pilotwings Resort, Mario 3DS, Paper Mario 3DS, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus: Uprising). Let them throw a few classics in there, and let some developers do the same. Original content will come also, but we can get a couple of ported classics over for the same time and energy it takes to make an original game, and there's no guarantee the original game turns out any good. There's nothing wrong with a healthy mix. The DS was the same way.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Donkey Kong 64.

AMAZING GAME!

Needs to be remade!

Zelda: OoT 3D is my most anticpated 3DS game, but I also don't want too many remade games. Wave Race seems like a good choice as racing games benefit a lot from 3D. I'd take a Resident Evil 2 remake on any platform. Otherwise I hope Nintendo and 3rd parties just stick with the 3D classics on the e-shop.

I'm all for totally new games, too.  It's just that there are some great games out there that were good in their day but just aren't fun anymore.  Like it or not, games have gotten better.  Frame rates, camera control, animations, and mechanics are better now than ever.  Of course, I want more new games than old games.  i just don't want the games that defined an era to become irrelevant.  If remaking an old game from yesteryear for a portable (more likely because there's less financial risk for companies) gives me the feeling I got when I played MGS1 back in 1998 without forcing me to endure the clunky controls or pixelated graphics then more power to them!

Excite Bike 64 would be awesome!!!! That game would be perfect because it would make awesome use of 3D depth (if u choose to use it) and would be really fun to race againts other players ghost runs or muiltiplayer. It would work SO well... that i wouldnt be surprised if they DO remake it.

Also... if they added more characters and modes... would be a must buy.