By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Primus, if you've heard them, I expect mocking to ensue.

<> Flaming Lips are definitely interesting, and uh, SOAD are pretty solid, except for when the guitarist sings...or talks...sometimes. Lonely Day wasn't too shabby a job on his part . I've been trying to get into Tom Waits too.

Around the Network

DWND, I listened to Thicke's first album... Pretty good stuff... Some great compositions, some tracks more Stevie-like than others... He does remind me of a more old-school 70s R&B line of thought than some of the other great R&B guys out there, even though he's certainly a post-hip-hop guy. I was expecting him to be more interesting as a vocalist with the Stevie comparison... And I laughed a bit when he went all "Fifth of Beethovan," though that track actually worked... All in all good stuff, but didn't knock me off my feet.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

I am really addicted to those new rock bands from great britain at the moment... maxïmo park, franz ferdinand, bloc party, the arctic monkeys are all great...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Erik Aston said:

DWND, I listened to Thicke's first album... Pretty good stuff... Some great compositions, some tracks more Stevie-like than others... He does remind me of a more old-school 70s R&B line of thought than some of the other great R&B guys out there, even though he's certainly a post-hip-hop guy. I was expecting him to be more interesting as a vocalist with the Stevie comparison... And I laughed a bit when he went all "Fifth of Beethovan," though that track actually worked... All in all good stuff, but didn't knock me off my feet.

Erik,

Well I hope if it didn't knock you off your feet, ( I was rather impressed with nearly the whole album ),  that you didn't burn any dollars on it.

While I agree that he isn't as interesting overall as Stevie is as a vocalist, I think the quote was directed to the notion that he has the potential of that level.

His second album is much more reserved than the first, so I think the producers sat him down to focus on one sound, as he tends to bounce around a bit on the first album.

Now if I could only send you a copy of “Come get it, I got it.” from David Holmes. That album didn’t knock me off my feet, it gave me wings.

I’m also glad to see you gave E.W.F. a tip of the hat, as they get overlooked too often these days...

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

PSN ID: DeviantPathways

Wii Number: 0081 3044 1559 2355

David Bowie is a god. That's all I'm going to say.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

DWND,

I use the Real Rhapsody service which I think was almost in vogue some time ago. They give you 25 free listens a month, and I just start a new account with a different e-mail address any time I run out...

I did like the album quite a bit. Three stars and change.

EWF, and also the O'Jays I've been listening to a lot lately. "When the World is at Peace" is one of my favorite jams of the moment.

Bowie... IS... a God... No doubt. I've got several of his, the best being Ziggy Stardust, but Heroes, Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane... All excellent... "Heroes" is probably my favorite track of his, along with Suffragette City...

"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Erik,

I've heard of Rhapsody, but I've never actually used it. Sounds like a good plan you've got going if you ask me.

I've been using this service called Pandora.com. Quick and easy application that really digs the depths of unknown artists in attempts to find you similar sounds to your favorite bands. I like it for the ability to be exposed to new sounds, but I haven't found any new favorites just yet.

It's funny to me how many songs I remember as a child end up being the work of Bowie. I never followed his career, but the more I've blossomed in music, he is undeniable.

"There are three types of lies : Lies, damned lies, and statistics." - Benjamin Disraeli ( Made famous by Mark Twain )

Hey, can somebody tell me how you upload youtube videos on to here? Because I've got the perfect video that no music thread should be without. A hell, just go here!

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
Hey, can somebody tell me how you upload youtube videos on to here? Because I've got the perfect video that no music thread should be without. A hell, just go here!

That's awesome.

stof said:

Classic.