By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 is also getting the Devil May Cry bundle in Japan!!!!!

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/843/843147p1.html

Around the Network

The PS3 bundle will clearly be the winner in this instance, but I guess they can give it a shot on the 360 as well.

i'm sure it will be a cultural phenomenom.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
i'm sure it will be a cultural phenomenom.

I don't know, seems like the big games don't really sell that well in Japan

I think it will move 750 (maybe even 1k) extra boxes for sure...

Around the Network

Won't have much of an effect, except that, as people are in the store buying it they'll think "Hey, that's cool. That other company has this game, too," as they walk out with their PS3 version :p

I don't see why a DMC bundle in Japan is worth posting about, let alone with five exclamation marks.

DEVIL MAY CRY SELLS LIKE SHIT IN JAPAN

over/under on the number of Japanese gamers are really excited about this: 10

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

microsoft is dumping money into his endless hole again = japan. but i am sure they know what they are doing.
i think they already give up on winning the Japan market, they also accepted that they will continue to lose money in Japan. The reason they keep throwing money there is just all abt advertising, they wan the japanese to know xbox360 is a good console too, with lots of good games such as DMC4.
After that, hoping they can win the japanese's heart in next gen, xbox720?? ahaha

Microsoft does not need to sell good in Japan, they just need too slowdown PS3 sales by taking Japanese exclusives.