By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 is also getting the Devil May Cry bundle in Japan!!!!!

The bundle will help, but will get squashed by the PS3 bundle. If Sony werent doing a bundle it'd be a much better idea.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Around the Network

Microsoft is just chipping away at the japanese market. Baby steps. Its still progress, as much as the rabid Sony fans would love to have them just "give up".

People have to understand Microsoft , like many giant corporations, think about the future as much as the present. They have deep enough pockets ($$$) to carry out long term plans even if they are bleeding in the 'now'. 

Lets see, the PS3 currently has a userbase that is 3X bigger than the 360's in Japan. This is in Sonys home court. A territory  people thought it would automatically RULE. PS3 is not doing that much better. If you compare it to the Wii , Sony midaswell just give up. I mean, the PS3 is really just sucking on its home territory, isnt it? Its where they have the most to lose.

Microsoft has nothing to lose and everything to gain by attacking this market.

Microsoft should just give up? Thats just fanboy wishful thinking.

Merry Xmas! 

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

friedtofu said:

Microsoft is just chipping away at the japanese market. Baby steps. Its still progress, as much as the rabid Sony fans would love to have them just "give up".

People have to understand Microsoft , like many giant corporations, think about the future as much as the present. They have deep enough pockets ($$$) to carry out long term plans even if they are bleeding in the 'now'. 

Lets see, the PS3 currently has a userbase that is 3X bigger than the 360's in Japan. This is in Sonys home court. A territory  people thought it would automatically RULE. PS3 is not doing that much better. If you compare it to the Wii , Sony midaswell just give up. I mean, the PS3 is really just sucking on its home territory, isnt it? Its where they have the most to lose.

Merry Xmas! 

QFT

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

In addittion the MS one is a bare-bones bundle with only the game and the console ,it lacks some of the fancy extras of the Sony bundle .

The Sony bundle may ship a lot of consoles ,the MS bundle may do maybe 1K more that if it didnt exist .

And it is true ,the PS3 has right now like 3 times the userbase of the 360 ,but the PS3 has been since february to end july selling some 10K-15K units weekly .Now it will sell a lot more .Soon the difference will be 4 to one ,then 5 to one and so on .And for a third try japanese wont buy the successor of two major flops .

Yea but it won't make a major difference, the 360 has failed in JPN.

Around the Network

No it hasn't. Certainly the 360 has not garnered the sales in Japan that Microsoft would like, however it has not failed. It will end up with 1-2 million units, enough to justify ports of many games. Where the 360's TRUE success lies is in Microsoft's ability to convince Japanese game makers that the 360 is the place to be as far as selling software in Western markets is concerned.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I dont see the 360 ever hitting 1 million in Japan .In few time it will collapse .It doesnt have more exclusives under their sleeve ,Lost Oddysey has made less and impact that Blue Dragon ,the PS3 finally has caught some speed and its good games are start appearing and will appear in 2008 in good numbers .I think the 360 will collapse there in a short time and start selling under the 2k units again and in some time under 1K .

It has managed to do better that the Xbox due to a massive effort garnering exclusives ,getting temporal exclusives (Ace Combat ,Eternal Sonata ,Katamary Damacy ) .bundles and everything .The weakness of the PS3 has benefited it a great deal too .But this tale has ended ,the PS3 will have at least 2-3 good games next year ,the price isnt as much a problem anymore and the 360 japanese exclusives are to be counted with a single finger .Even dropping the price massively will be see by japanese as an act of desperation .In resume ,it wont keep selling 6-8K units weekly for much more.

Diomedes, what you want to bet the X360 doesn't hit 1m in Japan?

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

kirby007 said:
friedtofu said:

Merry Xmas! 

QFT

QFT because you don't want to hear the truth about how the 360 is bombing in Japan?  ok. you qft

DMeisterJ said:
kirby007 said:
friedtofu said:

Merry Xmas! 

QFT

QFT because you don't want to hear the truth about how the 360 is bombing in Japan?  ok. you qft

Whoa take a chill pill, dude :)  'QFT' means 'Quote for truth'.  He's agreeing with tofu.