By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
noname2200 said:
epicberserk said:
noname2200 said:
puffy said:

Some info: 

-Tentative release date of June 2012.
-Controller screen resolution of 800x500.
-Can play games, watch movies, and more without turning on the TV by just streaming them to the controllers. Can stream to multiple controllers at once.
-Each controller acts a terminal, with the console doing all of the calculations to reduce latency, controller cost, and bandwidth requirements.

When did Nintendo confirm any of this? All I've seen from them is "new system, 2012 release, wait for E3." Did I miss something?

im guess you didnt read my opening thread comment last night at 12 midnight nintendo annouced wii 2 and they will show it off at e3 with an release in 2012

You guessed wrong. But then that has roughly zero to do with my post...

dont troll  my thread or your get reported

Around the Network

damn thats big news thought it wait till E3

cant say that i'll ever be a owner of it not feeling the screen on the controller it must weigh alot, also concerned of the cost for extra controllers current 8 button controllers from sony and MS go for 50- 60$ w/o a screen on them, wondering what this controller also means for the future of N are they going after to core now? 8 buttons 2 sticks

other things im concerned about is its power going by the rumors which might all be true its GPU will be 4yrs old by release time compared to the wow factor of 360s GPU tech in 05 it was really high tec for its release time

also total memory ram rumors are saying at least 512MB thats what the current HDs have im afraid by 2014 when alot of the better dev games for wii 2 release and when the next set of consoles release form sony and MS i believe they will be no less the 2GB of ram there consoles will be able to run laps around the wii 2 putting N in the same position they are in now

Play Me

alfredofroylan said:

BBC News

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13186597

"No technical details about the machine have been revealed."

That answers my question. Thank you.

epicberserk said:

*snort*

Report away, dude.

"Trolling." Christ...

noname2200 said:
epicberserk said:

*snort*

Report away, dude.

"Trolling." Christ...

just did (:

Around the Network

This console without TV idea doesn't sound so good to me, I like motion controls...have to see this.

If the 800x500 resolution is to  be belived, thats approximately 1/4th 1080P resolution. (1920x1080) with a 16:10 aspect ratio (common in PCs). So for split screen games you won't be losing much by going to the controller screen.

BHR-3 said:

damn thats big news thought it wait till E3

cant say that i'll ever be a owner of it not feeling the screen on the controller it must weigh alot, also concerned of the cost for extra controllers current 8 button controllers from sony and MS go for 50- 60$ w/o a screen on them, wondering what this controller also means for the future of N are they going after to core now? 8 buttons 2 sticks

other things im concerned about is its power going by the rumors which might all be true its GPU will be 4yrs old by release time compared to the wow factor of 360s GPU tech in 05 it was really high tec for its release time

also total memory ram rumors are saying at least 512MB thats what the current HDs have im afraid by 2014 when alot of the better dev games for wii 2 release and when the next set of consoles release form sony and MS i believe they will be no less the 2GB of ram there consoles will be able to run laps around the wii 2 putting N in the same position they are in now

wonder if ms and sony are worried now due to the fact they got to make their next systems

freebs2 said:

This console without TV idea doesn't sound so good to me, I like motion controls...have to see this.

that why i have a kinect lol

While the new controller sounds cool, doesnt it go against the concept they pushed this generation with getting up and interacting with your games? This sounds like they think their idea sucked and going to back to traditional controller styles for developers and gamers.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453