By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who is the most complex character ever created?

kessler from infamous

Around the Network
noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

Off the top of my head, I'd throw in Kreia from KOTOR II. The Nameless One would top her, but he's a PC.

You

You stole exactly one half of my answer

When you finish Planescape, I'll have stolen the other half as well.

I really should have said "You stole my answer for half of yours" but whatever.

And yeah, yeah, I know - still need to steal my wife's laptop, etc.

Most definitely Revolver Ocelot.

Jon Irenicus, hes probably got the best dialogue in any game.

noname2200 said:
Khuutra said:
noname2200 said:

Off the top of my head, I'd throw in Kreia from KOTOR II. The Nameless One would top her, but he's a PC.

You

You stole exactly one half of my answer

When you finish Planescape, I'll have stolen the other half as well.

LOL!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Around the Network

Who is the most complex character every created? The one whose decisions most resemble a real-life human being?

The answer for me is any character I create in an RPG. My toons are not down the line good or evil or good guy or prick (to criticize Bioware's shallow view of morality).

My Dwarf Hunter in the World of Warcraft is very human. He has his prejudices (killing elves on sight regardless of max level or level 1), has his preferences (treating Orcs and all the other ugly races of the Horde as wary neutrals unless they fire the first shot), and he is never afraid to vote kick a player for low DPS, ninja looting, can't heal worth a damn, or if my guildies in the run initiate the vote kick.

As for characters I have not created...No premade protagonist or party member has resembled anything close to human. All have been caricatures of one sort or the other be it the bimbo, whiny faggoty male, deadpan humor clown, drunken fool, and on.

gergroy said:
Carl2291 said:

"When I say complex, I mean a character that feels almost truly human, that has many issues going around him that make him act in very unpredictable ways."

If doing it this way, IMO the best answer would be Jowy Atreides from Suikoden 2.

I'm not going to say why, because of spoilers, but yeah... He is my answer.

agreed

I'd also throw in loghain from DA: origins as an honorable mention, but Jowy Atreides is easily the best video game character of all time. 

yeah.. jowy. forgot about him. but i choose krelian because he was much more philosophical.

gergroy said:
Carl2291 said:

"When I say complex, I mean a character that feels almost truly human, that has many issues going around him that make him act in very unpredictable ways."

If doing it this way, IMO the best answer would be Jowy Atreides from Suikoden 2.

I'm not going to say why, because of spoilers, but yeah... He is my answer.

agreed

I'd also throw in loghain from DA: origins as an honorable mention, but Jowy Atreides is easily the best video game character of all time. 

yeah.. jowy. forgot about him. but i choose krelian because he was much more philosophical.

hmm there's some complex characters, but complex doesn't mean best. Some complex characters have plot holes or unreasonable leaps of faith like... big boss in mgs4 imo.

So best complex character... hmm i dunno, I'll be lame and agree with khuutra.

I'll have to say Solid Snake