By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Loving the 3DS.

I honestly have had a 3DS since launch but I have only used it for DS games.  I'm waiting for some more intersting games to come out.

Most anticipated games of 2011:

Uncharted 3,Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Rocksmith

Modern Warfare 3, Super Mario 3D

Around the Network
Buzzi said:

Ghost Recon has really awful graphics but with 3D on it looks so deep and immersive...3D is truly important for gaming, will surely become a standard!

^This.  The graphics really pop with the 3D on. I just beat the game and can't believe I logged 35 hours! Mind you I only played 1 side mission and 1 multiplayer mission to check them out. The single player campaign is very meaty and this is the first game I've played in a while that I wasn't begging for it to end!

JPL78 said:

I think it makes the games more immersive.  Even on something like Lego Star Wars that doesn't really need 3D, doesn't really have an advantage with it, still seems more immerse with the effect on.

Obiously games like Ridge Racer and Pilot Wings really shine with the effect and sadly the game I wanted most, Splinter Cell, seems the least impressive of all from a 3D point of view.

But the other thing I like and the reason I would argue anyone that says movie 3D is better; glasses, even just the dark grey ones, always tint the movie darker than it should be.  To me the 3DS is just so beautiful and vibrant without the glasses dimming the picture.

Also the analog nub is pure heaven for a portable.  My one complaint about the DS (besides the fact that I don't like stylus control) is that nubby little d-pad that wore my fingers raw.  Playing Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded on the 3DS and its a compfortable as it could be.

And as far as the stylus thing goes, after using an ipod touch for a while now, I decided to ditch the stylus completely and just use my fingers on the 3DS.  I never did that with regular DS but I wish I had.  I don't care if it gets smudgy,  you can clean that up, and it makes going from face buttons to touch screen flawlessly easy and fluid.

And I know its stupid but... the Activity Log is freaking brilliant.  I think every game system ever now should have that built in.

So... thumbs up Nintendo!

Amen!

Anyhow, I really need to get Pilotwings (and a new charger - I've broken a record and lost my charger two freaking weeks after I got the console). I want to see if the 3D there can beat having a Golden Retriever lick your face, :D.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

It's been saving my life these past 2 days. We had a terrible string of tornados here and we've been without power at work for the past 2 days. I've been having to sit and watch the shop in the dark for hours on end, but I've just been rockin back and forth with SSFIV and Pilotwings. Battery lasts long enough, i've had no eye strain, and best of all the time has totally flown by. I love it, naysayers can make like a tree and get out of here!

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

Tizona said:

It's been saving my life these past 2 days. We had a terrible string of tornados here and we've been without power at work for the past 2 days. I've been having to sit and watch the shop in the dark for hours on end, but I've just been rockin back and forth with SSFIV and Pilotwings. Battery lasts long enough, i've had no eye strain, and best of all the time has totally flown by. I love it, naysayers can make like a tree and get out of here!

My 3DS rules, and my Golden Retriever in Nintendogs is far superior to anyone else's.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting until more games come out.  The only reason I didn't wait was because all the stupid salesmen I talked to all said basically, get it now or you might not get one until after Christmas.  Mixed with the earthquake in Japan I was worried about supply issues.  Meanwhile you can't walk through a game store without tripping over the things they have so many left.

I don't know if its even possible but it would be really cool if they could come up with a software solution to convert regular DS games into 3D.