By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America's greatest leader just declared his candidacy...

Squilliam said:
Kasz216 said:

Also, I'm guessing you've never been involved in graduate school.

Im guessing you've never even been involved in post highschool education. Actually thats probably too harsh, however I don't think your style of argument gives grounds for making a statement like that. Maybe you should look first at yourself and  make a structured argument?

actually he put his major argument in the post before that one. But he has a point that most will tell you that the 101 classes are rather pointless.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
ManusJustus said:
Kasz216 said:

Er.  Wouldn't that be that there was a lack of demand for paved roads.

Unless you and ssj12 are single-handidly going to turn the economic world on its head with your impenetrable logic and unmatachable intelligence, I'm going to go on accepting what 99.9% of economists believe and what I've experienced in the real world.

Since Kasz has taken care of the rest, I do want to point out 99.9% of US economists are idiots who are thinking the quantitative easing is going to save our economy while all it has done since the first 2 trillion dollar dump was devalue the dollar to very low levels and has made prices on everything, oil, milk, bread, etc, skyrocket. If these are the economists you trust and believe in, I fully understand why you can't wrap your head around this.

You work at Walmart don't you?

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
ManusJustus said:
Kasz216 said:

Er.  Wouldn't that be that there was a lack of demand for paved roads.

Unless you and ssj12 are single-handidly going to turn the economic world on its head with your impenetrable logic and unmatachable intelligence, I'm going to go on accepting what 99.9% of economists believe and what I've experienced in the real world.

Since Kasz has taken care of the rest, I do want to point out 99.9% of US economists are idiots who are thinking the quantitative easing is going to save our economy while all it has done since the first 2 trillion dollar dump was devalue the dollar to very low levels and has made prices on everything, oil, milk, bread, etc, skyrocket. If these are the economists you trust and believe in, I fully understand why you can't wrap your head around this.

Not anymore, haven't in a year. But I do know the prices and the general fact that when oil prices goes up, everything do to compensate. And if the prices don't go up, the quantity within the product declines.

The devaluing of the dollar doesn't effect a general grocery store that handled domestic product, rather any parts of it that handled international products or handle their own supply chain. Delivery and cargo does cost a pretty penny when fuel costs rise up to and over 100%. That is where your cost is with certain products.

Sadly, oil/fuel is the most important import of this country. So the decline in our dollar means that prices of oil/fuel rises way to much. And products requiring plastic rise due to the oil in the plastic.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
Kasz216 said:

Im guessing you've never even been involved in post highschool education. Actually thats probably too harsh, however I don't think your style of argument gives grounds for making a statement like that. Maybe you should look first at yourself and  make a structured argument?

actually he put his major argument in the post before that one. But he has a point that most will tell you that the 101 classes are rather pointless.

Most will point out that 101 classes are rather pointless? Thats a fallacy right there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

Figure out which one please.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
Kasz216 said:

Most will point out that 101 classes are rather pointless? Thats a fallacy right there.

They teach basics, you need more advanced classes and experience in order to actually develop knowledge past the basics.

Around the Network

double post... damn glitchy site

ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:

Not anymore, haven't in a year. But I do know the prices and the general fact that when oil prices goes up, everything do to compensate. And if the prices don't go up, the quantity within the product declines.

The devaluing of the dollar doesn't effect a general grocery store that handled domestic product, rather any parts of it that handled international products or handle their own supply chain. Delivery and cargo does cost a pretty penny when fuel costs rise up to and over 100%. That is where your cost is with certain products.

How can the devalued dollar not effect the general grocery store? If the value of the U.S. dollar goes down then the cost of oil in U.S. dollars will increase. Grocery stores have a lot of products which have a high oil loading, I.E. their production costs are heavily dependant on the oil or equivalent energy used to produce them.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:
ssj12 said:

How can the devalued dollar not effect the general grocery store? If the value of the U.S. dollar goes down then the cost of oil in U.S. dollars will increase. Grocery stores have a lot of products which have a high oil loading, I.E. their production costs are heavily dependant on the oil or equivalent energy used to produce them.

i edited that post, pointing out oil in plastics effect cost of products. But, the increased costs are typically transferred to the customer or the producing company. Traditionally a grocery store only feels shipping costs or decreased demand for certain products. That is typically when producers package smaller amounts to stabilize prices to what people will pay. Only the staples like milk and bread tend to gain higher prices without much lose in demand.

ssj12 said:
Squilliam said:

They teach basics, you need more advanced classes and experience in order to actually develop knowledge past the basics.

Yes of course you need to have more experience and more advanced classes to develop knowledge beyond the basics but what I don't see is your argument proving that you need more knowledge than the basics.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Kasz216 said:

It wasn't meant as an arguement against his qualifications... just a statement that "basic 101" knowledge, means nothing.

I myself haven't been in a graduate program.  Though I've taking graduate level programs and know a lot of graduates.

Heck, if you take a deep enough program in bachelors they usually tell you to disregard 101. 

The majority of what you learn is pointless because all it is the broad strokes. 

The majority of economists don't think the way Manus is saying they do, partially because they don't pay any attention to Econ 101.

I mean, in the case of private roads... it's not like they still don't exist today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_road_association

They work quite fine.  It's just not the kind of thing I'd care to deal with personally.