By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else trying to avoid Wii 2 rumors?

BHR-3 said:

i avoid all gaming news in general

imo i would like to see N just ride it out till 2013 or 14

if they release a new console which i assume will be next fall there going to be hurting in the long run

by then (2012) ps3 will defiantly be 199 and who knows bout the 360 maybe 99

and once MS and Sony release there new consoles in 2013-14 there power will be massive compared to the current HDs i foresee atleast 2GB of ram compared to there current 516MB and 1080p developed games

people will see the next MS and Sony consoles as truly next gen experience and the wii 2 as just a little upgrade compared to the Wii and current HDs

you gotta remember whats the Wii 2 trying to achieve? motion gaming that it brought to the table in 06 but with HD graphics, dont we have that now with move and kinect? and by this fall a motion enabled HD console bundle will be offered by MS for less than 250 and from sony you will most likley be able to get a the move HW for under 300

what im trying to say is i would like to see N go up against Sony and MS power wise and to do that they would have to wait till atleast 2013

Well you're assuming that the next system will just be a graphical upgrade, which is not really Nintendo's style

If its just about power, then what you're saying is right, bu Nintendo hasn't really been about that since the GCN

The DS, the Wii and the 3DS have all tried to bring something new to the table, new experiences

Around the Network
axt113 said:

I have a theory abouthe rumors, I'm thinking Nintendo purposely leaked fake specs and designs to throw people off the trail, Miyamoto even came out and said not to blieve everything you read on the internet, this way when they reveal the real thing, they can be like, hey we tried to warn you, plus it keeps their real plans hidden with a head fake all while building a ton of interest

Nintendo's master plan revealed^^

Though it would make them the coolest out of the big three if it did turn out to be true XD (lol imagine...)

My biggest issue with alot of these rumor and speculation threads and the main reason why I avoid them is that they always revert into a constant agruement of what direction nintendo should take. power vs innovation, 2D vs 3D, first party vs third its always about those key issues and you need to choose one or the other, and my question is why can't nintendo do both. Why should nintendo conform itself to a specific methodology in order to satisfy the desires of its most vocal fans/detractors.

I've been keeping up with the N6 rumors but not vesting too much thought into it.  Although I will say, I think most of what we have heard is probably going to turn out true.  Reason I say that is, with technology getting better, it has been a lot harder for companies to keep secrets.  Which is why major announcements over the past few years (PS3 redesign, 360 redesign, PSP Go, etc) have all been leaked before announced usually about a week or 2 before it is officially announced.  This is when the company starts showing it off to investors, developers, and media to get them prepped for the release and with cellphones and computer hackers, it is really hard to keep it secret.  

So I would think with multiple sites saying the exact same things, that this isn't just a made up thing.  Although we must remember, that sometimes things like this are shown off to those early people and then many changes are made until final release (or first public showing of those features).  

So I'm paying attention because I figure most are going to turn out true.  Mainly the parts about the system's power and the controller design.  What games will be on the system isn't as easy to leak unless there is a prominent one that is going with the systems.  So far there have been Eternal Darkness 2 rumors and a GTA V rumor for the system.  Really, these seem less true simply as they are playing off recent news stories.  Mainly the news story of GTA V being a secret game in the works (though not so secret even before being on OPM) and then of course Nintendo re-registring the Eternal Darkness trademark.  So making up the rumor can be plausible because of those things but only because of time.  Not saying they aren't possible, but they seem to be just playing off the rumors.

I'm waiting for Tuesday when Nintendo deals with their financial reports.  This has pretty much been the date we expect Nintendo to at least confirm that it is true.  I expect them to confirm it, detail a few features, maybe a pic or two, and then direct us to E3.  If they don't do it then, then possibly not as far along as rumors led us to believe and should only expect a small demonstration at E3.  But we'll wait til Tuesday.

^ If the rumors do turn out to be true, then it'll probably be safe to say that the next system will be nowhere near as successful as the Wii and may struggle to even be as successful as the SNES or N64, since the rumored system seems to abandon all of the ideals and strategy that made the Wii such a huge success, and instead seems to go backwards to the GCN, while its possible Nintendo would make that mistake, I don't think they are that dumb to go backwards towards a mediocre console after having a hugely successful console.

Around the Network

Personally I hope the rumors turn out to be false, because I'm not interested in buying a "supergamecube", heck the only reason I continued gaming after the GCN was because of things like NSMB on the DS and Wii and other old school games on those systems,  as well as the  various Wii series games.  Its the reason I've had no interest in games like Galaxy or Other M or skyward sword, those type of supergamecube games just don't interest me,.  So if the rumors turn out to be true, it'll probably be the first generation I don't buy any video game consoles), since it'll be clear that Nintendo is abandoing the ideals of the Wii and going backwards.

Actually im trying to avoid the rumours about how the NES 6 will perform in the market more so than im trying to avoid rumours about what the NES 6 actually is. With things like specs, design, performance etc you either have fact or fiction or a mixture of the two. With things like how the system will sell etc all you have is opinion and there is no right answer until you're past the timeframe you speculated up to "The Wii will be dead by 20xx" is one example.

Tease.

I've been trying to ignore most of the rumors about it. I rather wait for Nintendo to say something so I'm not disappointed.

Not really trying to ignore the rumors, but I'm just trying to make it to June. E3 can't come soon enough.

The console speculation is fine and all, but man... I wanna see some games!

why to avoid the speculation? is fun and feeds yout inner hype :P

pwin´ every other villain since 1994