By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Anyone else trying to avoid Wii 2 rumors?

i avoid all gaming news in general

imo i would like to see N just ride it out till 2013 or 14

if they release a new console which i assume will be next fall there going to be hurting in the long run

by then (2012) ps3 will defiantly be 199 and who knows bout the 360 maybe 99

and once MS and Sony release there new consoles in 2013-14 there power will be massive compared to the current HDs i foresee atleast 2GB of ram compared to there current 516MB and 1080p developed games

people will see the next MS and Sony consoles as truly next gen experience and the wii 2 as just a little upgrade compared to the Wii and current HDs

you gotta remember whats the Wii 2 trying to achieve? motion gaming that it brought to the table in 06 but with HD graphics, dont we have that now with move and kinect? and by this fall a motion enabled HD console bundle will be offered by MS for less than 250 and from sony you will most likley be able to get a the move HW for under 300

what im trying to say is i would like to see N go up against Sony and MS power wise and to do that they would have to wait till atleast 2013

Play Me

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:

i avoid all gaming news in general

imo i would like to see N just ride it out till 2013 or 14

if they release a new console which i assume will be next fall there going to be hurting in the long run

by then (2012) ps3 will defiantly be 199 and who knows bout the 360 maybe 99

and once MS and Sony release there new consoles in 2013-14 there power will be massive compared to the current HDs i foresee atleast 2GB of ram compared to there current 516MB and 1080p developed games

people will see the next MS and Sony consoles as truly next gen experience and the wii 2 as just a little upgrade compared to the Wii and current HDs

you gotta remember whats the Wii 2 trying to achieve? motion gaming that it brought to the table in 06 but with HD graphics, dont we have that now with move and kinect? and by this fall a motion enabled HD console bundle will be offered by MS for less than 250 and from sony you will most likley be able to get a the move HW for under 300

what im trying to say is i would like to see N go up against Sony and MS power wise and to do that they would have to wait till atleast 2013

So you avoid these rumours because you want Nintendo to wait and enter the arms race with MS and Sony again.

Motion game but with HD isn't even what the console will try to achieve.

no i just avoid gaming news in general

N wont wait till 2013 -14 there doing there own thing now it fits there way,s i heavily believe next fall there will be a new console from them and sony and MS will wait till fall of 2013-14 which would really mess things up for that gen in terms of release time N will probably be forced to release another console around 4-5 yrs earlier than it competitors for that gen

look at there SW they dont keep making sequels like Sony or MS so they cant really extend there console life also remodels i dont think N ever did a remodel sony has done it with all there consoles and now even MS are doing it

there just going to do there own thing now regardless of what Sony or MS do, they have to do what they think fits for them to survive and if that means a shorter console life and less power than thats what it means

Play Me

kitler53 said:

i wouldn't say i believe all/any of the rumors but frankly there isn't much else going on right now that is all that interesting so it has been kind of fun to speculate about what nintendo might do next.  more fun than any other current topic at least.

This. There's really nothing going on, and it brings to light more interesting topics of discussion than the usual cyclical crap around here (and everywhere else i might add)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Maybe we'll learn when Nintendo talks to its investors tomorrow or the day after.

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

I'm actaully doing the exact opposite

I hunt down any news I can manage - I want to know about Wii2 soo bad >_<

Same here. It's just impossible at this time to stop...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I'm not avoiding any news really, I'm just not really taking any of with more than a grain of salt. It's impossible to know what, if any of it is true, so I just wait for official word before I actually get worked up about anything.

LISTEN TO THE FIRST WORLD PODCAST REAL GAMERS, REAL AWESOME

I wish I could, but I'm just too anxious for any news about it...

Mr Khan said:
kitler53 said:

i wouldn't say i believe all/any of the rumors but frankly there isn't much else going on right now that is all that interesting so it has been kind of fun to speculate about what nintendo might do next.  more fun than any other current topic at least.

This. There's really nothing going on, and it brings to light more interesting topics of discussion than the usual cyclical crap around here (and everywhere else i might add)

i feel the need to amend this post.  the psn situation is turning from eh to woah baby imo. xD

I have a theory abouthe rumors, I'm thinking Nintendo purposely leaked fake specs and designs to throw people off the trail, Miyamoto even came out and said not to blieve everything you read on the internet, this way when they reveal the real thing, they can be like, hey we tried to warn you, plus it keeps their real plans hidden with a head fake all while building a ton of interest